Thread: new girl

Post Thanks / Like

Talking new girl

The last time i tried to post it didn`t work so i will try again this time, were chemical brothers :dj i do all the advertising and my guy does all the detailing, I was just trying to get some new ideas for advertising and found this site. anywho the prices that everyone else is charging on here is way more than anyone is charging in this town, makes me want to move. but i guess since were starting out we can`t be too high. Anyone have any "different" ideas for advertising. I don`t like going with the ordinary. ??

:newbie
    Chemical Brothers Boat & Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of advertising are you doing now? What prices are you charging for what kind of work? There are lots of ways to advertise. Flyers, business cards, ads in the paper, calling people selling cars, word of mouth, websites, etc. Let us know what you are trying now and maybe what types aren`t working for you. That makes it easier to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    The prices are on the web site http://www.geocities.com/chemicalbro...detailing.html
    We have passed out flyers door to door to people, and talked to them and have gotten some business that way, I put a service ad in the paper but that didn`t get many calls at all, we got business cards recently so were are passing those out.

I haven`t tried calling people selling cars? what do you say to them?

Most of our business has been from word of mouth, and from signs I made and put on telephone poles around town, some are still up that they didn`t tear down ( i don`t like those city guys) and of course we got signs on our cars.
    I painted Detailing and our # on this huge umbella and brought it to the beach, you could see it far away and we just left it up there all day while we hung out. A news crew came right where we were so i was hoping we got it on tv but i never caught the news to see
    well anywho that`s some of the things we have done so far
    just looking for new ideas
    :

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard, Golf Courses..You can make a deal with the owners or put flyers ont eh cars...
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess no one wants to help a girl out?

Post Thanks / Like

thats a first 4 me

That is the first time I have ever seen a detail ad where the full detail on a car is more then a truck. Maybe an S10 or Ranger but lets face it if your gonna have to go over it with the buffer thats alot of real estate to cover. Do your boys even buff or polish the vehicles?
    Also you might want to make your site a little more professional looking if your giving out the web address.
    I"m not putting you guys down or anything just trying to help.
    Good luck with your business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the "truck" is a basic truck anything with like a backseat in it is going to be the same as a car. The detailer seems to think its less work than the car so that`s what he wanted to charge. Whatever floats his boat. Yes they do buff and polish. I am still working on the web site obviously. I just wanted to have something up but it was a free website so i didn`t have much to work with. Anywho i do need to work on that website, any suggestions on that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out www.1and1.com they have really nice packages, tons of features,NO POPUPS OR ADS, and have the best rates for registration and hosting that I have found. Jngrbrdman just set up a site through there (its not up yet) and my site is also through them. they make it easy cause they have 100+ ready to use templates and chat, newsletter, and other cool stuff. excellent customer service also

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    are there any hotels etc close to your shop?? Make a deal with the manager to put some cards in the rooms- then if people want their cars done while they are in town, you offer a pickup and delivery service- also offer a discount on rainy days or whatever, just to raise some interest. If i lived in florida, i would be pushing the boat detailing. best to ya!!
    Its only gravity

Post Thanks / Like
    another word of advice...when you make a website, proof read it and make sure everything is grammatically correct. Several spelling errors. Sounds picky but people that see advertisement not done professional relates it to the quality of the business.
    JMO

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the advise, tho most of it is critisizum i really can`t spell lol anywho we are pushing the boat & RV thing here, that`s where the money is. Later

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m doing a couple free details for some friends to try and get word of mouth going. I struggle with advertising as well, so I`m hoping that works. Good luck chemical, and share any new ideas you get.

Thread Information