Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Clean Auto Dry

Hi all,

I now this is not a real detailing product and much less professional .. but ...

I would like to know your opinion and experiences with Proctor & Gamble`s Mr. Clean Auto Dry .. does that stuff really work?
    does it affect the clearcoat/paint in any way? any long term damage to paint?

thanks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand is that it filters out the things that cause it to spot, ie. limestone. I dont not see how there could be any negative effect of the product on your vehicle, both short or long term. Basically it is just a "more pure" water that you are rinsing your vehicle with.

Post Thanks / Like
    if I`m not mistaken it is more than just `cleaner` water ..

the filters ionize the water to remove the metals and `clean` the water, but it also uses some kind of `polimerized soap` ...

Post Thanks / Like

I reviewed it a while back

before the `I should not have pushed that button" incident. Yes the soap has a sheeting chemical in it that is secondary to the filtered water. Im my experience the filters don`t last that long (or my water is 20% mud). After using their soap and filter rinsed the first time, it did come out about 75% spotless. The problem was when I went to use my 4* Platinum UGE - it was almost sticky when I applied it to the paint surface so the Mr.Clean definatley left something behind (probably similar to what is in the final rinse in a touchless carwash with spotfree rinse).

The second time I used it I used a absorber to help speed up the spot free dry time - when I did that the UGE did not get that sticky reaction so I am pretty sure I wiped whatever it was off before it had a chance to dry.

The Nozzel is a pretty cool thing on it`s own and I have used it with non Mr Clean soap (there by voiding my warranty ). It makes quick work of washing a car since I no longer need two buckets (I have since returned to the two bucket method though as I like to the through). I don`t think the product is worth the price though if your an enthusiast level detailer. For the weekend warrior who waxes every 6 months then it may be a good buy for time`s sake - but with additional soap and filters costing what they do, you end up paying about 5 bucks a car wash...the touchless carwash in my neighborhood is 5 bucks and I don`t have to do a thing (not that I use it :lol)..so all things being equal I would skip it.
    You have activated my special ability....

I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its a piece of junk and is designed just to get more money out of you.

The filters only last 3 times and they claim you can only use their soap..

it would just be a whole lot cheaper to put a filter from home depot onto your garden hose..

Post Thanks / Like
    Works not bad from what I have read. The soap is a PITA mainly cause it mixes weirdly usually leaving a film behind or clogging your mitt / sponge. I doubt it cleans more. The water reacts very well, so I guess the filter does works.

its expensive if you wash every week as you need to buy replacement filters / soap.

Personal preference:

spend more, less work, hopefully results you want
    OR
    more work and less money, results you get from your own work

Filters work, just as long as you get the right system. But they cost alot. They do work however, as the water does not have any impurities / minernals / etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why can`t you just buy a filter for a water hose. They are probably available at home depot or lowes. I know they are available online for about $30. Does 30,000 gallons of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    thaks for your replies ...

Post Thanks / Like
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I reviewed it a while back

Originally posted by groebuck

The Nozzel is a pretty cool thing on it`s own and I have used it with non Mr Clean soap (there by voiding my warranty ).
    How did it work without their soap? Did it still dry spot free? I use the MrC system and it seems to be working really well. Great for those times I just want a quick wash to get the dirt off. I can wash when I get home from work and in an hour the car is dry. Or take it out around the block and still be relatively spot free. With a dark color car, the less I touch it, the better!

but with additional soap and filters costing what they do, you end up paying about 5 bucks a car wash....
    How? The filters should last ~ 10 uses (I pushed 4 out of the starter filter until it spotted), and the soap, while it goes quick, should last 5-6 washes per bottle. At $5/filter and $5/soap, I figure it`s around $2/wash. Not too bad for a quickie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by KleanFreak
    The filters only last 3 times and they claim you can only use their soap..
    Actually, the filters last ~10. The only way you could get 3 uses out of them is if your water was extremely hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the thing, used it, and returned it the next day for a full refund. The nozzle had barely any pressure coming out of it when using the soap/rinse setting.

Have you ever used the spotless rinse option at the quarter car wash? The purified rinse setting is basically just that with purified water from the filtration system.

All this product is, is a polymer soap with a filtration system to promote run-off and attempt to eliminate water spots. It does not clean your car. You still have to pull out a soapy bucket and wash your car with a mit or brush before using the product. The Mr. Clean system is to be used after cleaning your car to eliminate drying. In my opinion, since you already have to wash your car, its no sweat off my :moon: to pull out a few mf`s and dry my car by hand. Can I get an Amen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShootsHeScores!
    I bought the thing, used it, and returned it the next day for a full refund. The nozzle had barely any pressure coming out of it when using the soap/rinse setting.

Have you ever used the spotless rinse option at the quarter car wash? The purified rinse setting is basically just that with purified water from the filtration system.

All this product is, is a polymer soap with a filtration system to promote run-off and attempt to eliminate water spots. It does not clean your car. You still have to pull out a soapy bucket and wash your car with a mit or brush before using the product. The Mr. Clean system is to be used after cleaning your car to eliminate drying. In my opinion, since you already have to wash your car, its no sweat off my :moon: to pull out a few mf`s and dry my car by hand. Can I get an Amen?
    Amen.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    amen brother!!!!!!
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    I received this as a birthday gift. Tried it out, put it on my shelf in the garage. I`ll save it for a special occasion. No pressure out of the nozzle, didn`t dry quickly.

Absorber for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information