Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Simoniz System 5 Paint Sealant/Interior Protection

Considering becoming an agent to offer this product to auto dealerships...wondering what type of experiences anyone had with this product..good, bad or the ugly. They have a 5 year warranty, and claim to be the only authorized company to have rights to use Teflon. This was confirmed by Teflon.

I know of a dealer group that is doing about 45% penetration...and customers seems to like the product.

On another note...what anyone thinks of Auto Armour, Ziebart or Auto Saver(electronic corrosion system).

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    5 years:bigscream ask yourself this .. do you believe this product can deliver what it promises? would you pay for this product and do you put your personal reputation and integrity %100 behind this product .. if so go for it but i dont get the feeling you do otherwise you wouldnt be asking these questions ...are you a salesman or a pro detailer ? im a detailer first and i never promise things i cant deliver .. i live in a small town and my reputation and integrity arent worth a fast buck ..
    Last edited by bigron62; 05-21-2004 at 01:41 PM.
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Simoniz has the product insured by Great American Insurance, which is one of the largest insurance companies around. At one time, it was insured by The Travelers.

Post Thanks / Like
    We sell Auto Armor at work, it`s got Teflon in it so that company isn`t telling you the truth about being the only one selling it. All of the stuff the dealerships sell is garbage, but there is no shortage of gullable people paying $600 for what amounts to a hand wax.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    shotime....

You work at a dealership that sells Auto Armour? I questioned Dupont/Teflon in regard to other companies claiming to contain Teflon...and they responded that Simoniz is the only authorized company to use Teflon with their products...as it is with any competition,,,the other companies are going to try to discount the value of your products...and in this case...I am sure Auto Armour told your dealer that their product is better. Most dealers that selling Simoniz are doing about 35% penetration.

What part of the country is your dealership located?

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen Shotime....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in NY. I think the bottom line is you aren`t buying a product, you`re buying the warranty. The people who buy it know nothing about car care and don`t want to take care of thier car. They see something that says pay $600 once and you`ll never have to wax your car for 5 years and buy it. Most of these people just forget they even have it on. We sell on average 1.5 a week at work and haven`t had a complaint in the over 2 years I`ve been there. Personally I would never sell this with my name attached to it, and now that I have a legit business on the side I may tell them I don`t want to put this on cars anymore because I don`t want to be associated with it in any way. It`s a product I do not believe in at all. But in the end, like I said before, there are people out there willing to pay $600 a pop for this stuff. You make a lot selling it, the dealer profits a lot from it, and I know I get a lot for putting it on. If you can sell it go for it.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your original question was: wondering what type of experiences anyone had with this product..good, bad or the ugly. I don`t see any responses regarding that. That should tell you a lot about this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fiprofits
    Simoniz has the product insured by Great American Insurance, which is one of the largest insurance companies around. At one time, it was insured by The Travelers.
    Just being told that the product is insured by a company doesn`t really give you much information. Have you checked their current A.M.Best rating? What does that insurance mean? Most consumers wouldn`t sue for $600. Does the "insurance" cover damage to the paint? What are the exclusions?

Post Thanks / Like
    The maker of Teflon (DuPont) has issued the following statement: "The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon is beneficial in car waxes."

Put simply, as has been stated thousands of times on hundreds of car care forums - this is a gimmick. For Teflon to be applied to a metal surface effectively, it must be baked on at a very high temperature. The chemical formulation necessary to make a good binding cannot be completed at low temperature.

Rarely adhering to a vehicle`s finish, Teflon has a dull, flat appearance. If DuPont meant Teflon to be used as a wax, they would have a patent on it and would be the ONLY company selling Teflon wax or sealant. But many wax manufacturers purchase Teflon resin from DuPont in one of its hundreds of forms. They then put the smallest amount possible into a container of wax or sealant to legally call it a Teflon sealant.

Onthespot

p.s. This topic has been covered many times here at DC. For more insight into this check out the following links:
    http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=3807
    http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=1782
    http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=teflon
    Last edited by onthespot; 05-23-2004 at 08:41 AM.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by shotime
    but there is no shortage of gullable people paying $600 for what amounts to a hand wax.
    and there in lies the lure. There`s a sucker born every minute.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simoniz System 5 Paint Sealant/Interior Protection

Looking for a place to buy Simoniz System 5 Paint Protction kits? Use it on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP which I bought new and traded it in with 67,000 miles on it in January 2012 and it looked the same as the day I bought it! All I used on it was Simoniz System 5 with Teflon. Everytime I washed it, it felt like it was just waxed! Excellent product and I`m down to a half a bottle left and would like to buy more! Please advise! Thank you! Michael

Post Thanks / Like

for the five or six hundred dollars they charge you for it, man could you buy a boatload of detailing equipment and supplies and really do it right. if people only knew.

Post Thanks / Like

Teflon doesn`t belong in a frying pan either.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with this product. But what i can tell you is, do your research. Find out how many people would be interested in buying, versus how much it will cost you. How much would you have to pay to become an authorized distributor? How many dealerships in your area are willing to purchase? I know for a fact dealers don`t care about warranty or product. they just care about the bottom line. I know of only a handful of dealerships in my area offering a "protection package" which includes paint sealant and fabric sealant. and out of those dealerships, most don`t even push it anymore. they just have a sign up saying they do it and to ask them about it. So to conclude my paragraph, do your research. I personally don`t think you should pay any money to get involved with selling something like that. But if all you need to do is buy one kit and try to sell it, go for it. see how fast you can unload it. If it takes you 30 dealerships to sell one kit. Its not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information