Post Thanks / Like

URGENT Black Painted Trim?

I spent yesterday washing, claying, washing, PPwC & EX-P`ing my CR-V, (all by hand!) and am planning to continue today with trim, tires & interior.

What should I be using on the black painted trim on the pillars? It has a semi-gloss finish, & I don`t want to change that, but I do want to give it the best protection possible. Being a new car, the finish is in good shape with the exception of a few water spots.

I was going to ask about the water spots, but I`ve done a search on that, and think I`ll try ProPolish on exterior glass - any thoughts or other ideas? They appeared yesterday in the course of the washings (we have REALLY hard water and it was drying before I could get to them in spite of FREQUENT rinsings) - Any better way to avoid in the future?

I would REALLY appreciate your quick responses with the benefit of your experiences!

Thanks,

Norahcrv

PS - I have QD+, Spray & Wipe, Trim Restorer, Natural Look, & Bold & Beautiful in my arsenal in addition to the above products. Hopefully it will be one of those, cuz I really want to finish today.

PPS - Kinda wish the V was black, so it would really show the fruits of my efforts - unfortuneately, Mojave Mist Metallic just doesn`t really reflect, but it is MUCH cooler here in AZ!

PPS - I will post pics when my son brings my camera home from SoCal! Any tips for taking them to show it off to its best?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: URGENT Black Painted Trim?

Originally posted by norahcrv

I was going to ask about the water spots, but I`ve done a search on that, and think I`ll try ProPolish on exterior glass - any thoughts or other ideas? They appeared yesterday in the course of the washings (we have REALLY hard water and it was drying before I could get to them in spite of FREQUENT rinsings) - Any better way to avoid in the future?

If there is not a large amount of accumalated water spots, you may be able to get it off with some distilled white vinegar. If they are pretty bad, try some Auto Glym Car Glass Polish and some #0000 steel wool. There is some discussion on micro scratches using #0000 steel wool. Some say it does, other have had no problem. I use a chemical de-spotter...http://www.colkercompany.com/shop.asp?category=12000...(Crystal Clear 550 mixed 50/50 with water)

As far as the trim, skip it for now and get you some Klasse All-in-one. It will clean the surface and leave an acrylic layer for protection.
    "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

Thread Information