Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-22-2014

Default Mothers California Gold Synthetic questions

Hello everyone Impala2004 here.

I have some questions regarding the California gold synthetic paste wax. I just applied this wax as my base wax and I am wondering If I can layer the califronia gold spray wax on top of this, or will I strip the California Gold Synthetic Wax off? Is the California Gold Spray Wax a cleaner carnauba wax or just a Carnauba wax that can be used to boost the durability and shine of my califonria gold synthetic base coat? Thanks any info grealty appreciated Impala2004.
Old 05-22-2014
Administrator

Default Re: Mothers California Gold Synthetic questions

Welcome to Wax Forum!

Any of our spray waxes can be used on top of any traditional wax without fear of reducing the effectiveness of that wax.

Our spray waxes are intended to be a booster to increase the durability and shine.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 05-22-2014

Thanks for the info. I am also wondering which series is your most durable wax. I am ooking for the best wax to use for durability in the winter months from raod salt etc. Thanks Impala2004
Old 05-24-2014

You can't go wrong with either of the synthetics offered (California Gold, FX synwax or Reflections).
Old 05-26-2014

Yes that's a good wax but i have also used waterless spray wax and i must say that i took really less time in application and results in glossy look. It has Carnauba wax it it which is known for giving the best shine to a car.
Old 05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridhim View Post
Yes that's a good wax but i have also used waterless spray wax and i must say that i took really less time in application and results in glossy look. It has Carnauba wax it it which is known for giving the best shine to a car.
Yeah I agree that applying a spray wax is convenient. It's a great way to maintain the layer of california gold synthetic that the OP is using until the next time he polishes.
Old 06-02-2014

The one that i have used is ***ken wax the best waterless spray wax that i have used. My car looks great and shines a lot.
Old 09-05-2014

The pic is after synthetic wax applied two weeks ago, and wash dry with spray wax and then showtime! It impressed me with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0088.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	661.3 KB
ID:	1904  
Old 09-05-2014

Still looks nice! Mothers... Great results, yet with minimal effort.
Old 09-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileysworld View Post
The pic is after synthetic wax applied two weeks ago, and wash dry with spray wax and then showtime! It impressed me with the results.
Looking good. Is it just the angle of the pic or did the CG synthetic wax produce more shine and reflection as opposed to when you used the UWS (which also looked good)? That's a cool shade of yellow.
Old 09-06-2014

It actually enhanced the UWS from a year ago! It was was a trial bases using the synthetic because of the time it takes using the UWS. I'm doing the upholstery later today and tomorrow! I treated myself to the new window cleaner and a couple of other goodies off the web site!
Old 09-22-2014

I've used California Gold Synthetic on my 2011 Tungsten Challenger R/T and my daughter's 2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO and believe that it provides a lot of "shine". Quite happy with it and have received many compliments.

Maybe even more "bling" than FX. Certainly more than Reflections.

My favorite is still the Ultimate Wax System .... finishing with Pure Carnuba. I prefer the deep, warm glow. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to devote for all three steps.

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Old 09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Of Iz View Post
I've used California Gold Synthetic on my 2011 Tungsten Challenger R/T and my daughter's 2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO and believe that it provides a lot of "shine". Quite happy with it and have received many compliments.

Maybe even more "bling" than FX. Certainly more than Reflections.

My favorite is still the Ultimate Wax System .... finishing with Pure Carnuba. I prefer the deep, warm glow. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to devote for all three steps.
Unfortunately for us not in the detailing business, time constraints are the main issues. That's where a good cleaner wax (all-in-one) comes in or some short cuts available to shorten the steps and quality spray waxes like FX/reflections/California gold spray wax.

That's why for me, if you start by doing a good job (such as UWS) and practice proper car wash and maintenance techniques, you'll still have that nice shine without having to do the complete UWS too frequently.

My experience with FX (liquid and paste) is that it leaves a brighter shine, particularly the liquid, and is absolutely effortless to use. The CG synthetic is almost as easy to use, leaves a deeper, more crisp shine, hides swirls and has more potent cleaners.
Closed Thread