Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Man !

Glad to see You back:mohawk

Serg
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve,

I`m glad your doing well.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back from my first real walk...I did about 15 minutes and was exhausted. The good news is i didn`t pass out and my heart rate came back down quickly after the walk.
    Hope everyone is well and I will talk with you all tomorrow:bye
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe when you get some energy you can tell us the whole story...im kinda curious....what you felt before....when it happen`d what you were thinking about......stuff like that....

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its good to see you back Steve. I hope all goes well, and I wish you the best of luck. We are all here for you, in most of us are willing to do just about anything to help out such a great friend. Good luck to you, and I hope your daughters give you a little bit of a break.

God Bless You.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Take it slow and enjoy the nice weather we`ll be having here in the east coast this week. I`ve never spoken with you, but judging from the outpouring of personal messages going out to you, you must be one heck of a great guy. Get well and God Bless.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

one step at a time

hey steve, I am so glad your back up an moving.We all missed you.
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that you are almost back in the saddle again.
    Sending best wishes to you, the twins, and your wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Jeff..here it is....

Just to catch up.....

I was driving home with my daughter from her check-up (post cancer) and started feeling pain and numbness thoughout my left arm ...then a great chest pain started....
    I called my wife to let her know what was happenning and she told me to pull over...I was in the middle of no where and decided to drive a bit further knowing a gas station was coming up....fortunately for me there was a state trooper giving a ticket and I pullued up right behind him honking my horn...he reacted fairly quicly and got ems on their way...he also talked with my daughter (3 1/2) and then called my wife to tell her of our location to get my daughter....ems was great and then i was rushed to a hospital...this hospital was not equipped for the immediate angioplasty I needed to prevent further damage before assessment could be made..they then transfered me to another hospital that was waiting for me...after the angioplasty they knew i needed at least a 4 way bypass maybe up to 6...I had a world reknown surgeon that did a great job. I have been in the hospital for the last two weeks and have a long road to recovery. MY long term prognosis is good but there will be a lot of changes in my life. I am very grateful and thankful for the kind words and prayers my wife and family received while i have been gone and would just like to say thanks to all the great Autopians who have been so nice....thanks to all and I hope to become active again in a few weeks...now I need to rest and start my rehab....

Steve aka Poorboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Was the pain in your chest as bad as everybody says it is??

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Steve.....I, like Jeff, kinda feel like picking your brain about what happened. I`ve not known anyone who has gone through this and also have questions.

I realize you might not want to talk about it but if you don`t mind talking Jeff`s question about the degree of pain you felt would be of interest to me. I mean....was this something unmistakeable that you were experiencing.....you knew what was happening to you....based on what you`ve heard in the past about chest pain, numbness etc?? Did you feel like you might pass out or feel woooz/dizzy? Did the left arm ache or was it a stabbing type of pain?

Sorry if I`m being a pain ....asking the guy who`s been there and sure do NOT want to put you on the spot.

Jim
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS
    Hey Steve.....I, like Jeff, kinda feel like picking your brain about what happened. I`ve not known anyone who has gone through this and also have questions.

I realize you might not want to talk about it but if you don`t mind talking Jeff`s question about the degree of pain you felt would be of interest to me. I mean....was this something unmistakeable that you were experiencing.....you knew what was happening to you....based on what you`ve heard in the past about chest pain, numbness etc?? Did you feel like you might pass out or feel woooz/dizzy? Did the left arm ache or was it a stabbing type of pain?

Jim
    Well actually when it came on I was talking to Natty on my cell phone....I told him I had to go ,but didn`t say why....

my fingers on my left hand were tingling and I had a severe pain in my wrist....I started sweating and my chest hurt a little but my wrist was my main pain...I guess it`s different for each person. I lost all strength in my left hand and wrist and I could feel my heart beating very fast. Even when i was rushed to the first hospital my main pain was my wrist...remember this was a blockage in a vein not an artery which led right down my left arm.
    When they did the angioplasty and released the blockage, my pain disappeared immediately and I felt fine. Of course they had been pumping me with morphine beyond what most people could have tolerated and that confused the nurses and doctors, but I felt pretty relaxed and ready to go home....with a good buzz too.
    If it had been an artery, main pumping part of the heart, the chest pain probably would have been worse and so would have been the damage to the heart. Hoped this helped, but obviously I didn`t have the big one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone,

Been doing my walking for 15 minutes twice a day....I`m still pretty sore but getting around. I`ve enjoyed a few e-mails from some friends and appreciate the concern. It`s very hard to be so limited in what i can do, but realize it is in my best interest to take it easy. I`m going to start reading some of the posts next week and will answer a few here and there. Good thing Dwayne had stocked up before this happened so there should have been enough products to hold him over. I`m working on getting a helper to get orders out and will hopefully get back into the full swing in a few weeks. Right now I`m not supposed to drive, even though I have a little, so i can`t even get near my warehouse to get supplies out. I hope all is well with everyone else, and would not like to see anyone ever go through this at such an early age as me. My arm and wrist is still sore sore I have to run....take care and thanks to you all

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve keep taking it easy!

Don`t ever stop taking those walks.... very important to getting and staying healthy and active.

Eat oatmeal, tuna, salmon and lots of apples and high fiber fruits and vegatables often to help keep your cholesterol low and your arteries clear.

Don`t worry about me.... I still have plenty of everything except Spray N Wipe in the gallons but thats OK..... we are on your schedule not ours. Plenty of 16 and 32 ouncers to sell.

Take care,

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    See..that good to know....my first thought was to hold up not order till things become stable....good to know thks
    jeff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information