Post Thanks / Like

OK I Checked Out The Other Sites

I don`t surf any of the other sites. I find that about everything that I need can be answered here.
    I was on Detail Secerts of the Experts, there does not seem to be many exprets there. Autopia is just to large for me way to many threads to choose from.

I`ll just be content to stay here :google
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    The simple green is always greener :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK I Checked Out The Other Sites

Originally posted by Beemerboy
    I don`t surf any of the other sites. I find that about everything that I need can be answered here.
    I was on Detail Secerts of the Experts, there does not seem to be many exprets there. Autopia is just to large for me way to many threads to choose from.

I`ll just be content to stay here :google
    Auto Detailing - Secrets of the Experts seems pretty much aimed at the professional detailer.
    To me, it seems like they have some pretty knowledgeable people, but many of the posts discuss business practices and equipment that the enthusiast detailer doesn`t get much benefit from.
    While I am a big fan of Detail City, I think a lot of our discussions would be boring to the professional.
    In fact, I would almost bet that the professionals here quite often get a chuckle out of some of our posts.
    Thankfully, they just let it go and don`t embarrass us.
    The mostly friendly atmosphere and lack of personal attacks make DC a fun place to be.

Charles

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

I agree Charles. This is a fun place to hang out, share your enthusiasm, relax and learn. I get enough business stuff during my day job. So I`m really enjoying all of the knowledge and experience here, but especially the helpful tolerance for "rank amatuers" like myself. :hippi
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people are all about business and that`s all they have:dunno

but when you hang with the Fuzz...you know it`s business up front and the party is raging in the back...

oh yeah baby ..that`s the mullet way :fuzz
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bwahahhahahahahahah!!! The brain washing has worked!! Here we only talk about one product and all the sponsors push their products on everybody else. Our ultra high tech subliminal banners have convinced you that you are free to choose here and we aren`t forcing anything on you!! Bwahahhahahahaha!!! Fools!! Soon we will rule the world!! Now go wash your car with the over hyped product of the moment! BWAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAHAHAHHA!!!!! Bwahahahhahahahh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that there are several resources on the net that can provide valuable info. What I like best about DC is that this site remains free of drama, generally speaking. The net is a great place to share info and resources but often the lack of face-to-face interaction causes a misunderstanding of intentions which can lead to a huge thread of personal attacks and choosing sides. The few times I have noticed here, it was after the fact because the moderators had already squashed it. Online forums are supposed to be fun places to learn and share knowledge. DC, IMO, does a great job of maintaining the situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second what nthngd2say mentioned some of the other forums seem a bit too political / serious for my taste. Being terribly new to the detailing world I checked the other forums and found I like the fact that people here are having fun, and being very helpful to the new guys as well. I`ve taken what I read, apply it to the work on my cars and have been happy with the results. I have no reason to mess around elsewhere.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Detail City is a great place. I will always love Autopia and be thankful for the things it taught me, but Detail City is where I find myself spending most of my time. I was a moderator and then an administrator on Autopia for a long time and I think the drama just burned me out. I don`t know what`s going on in the background around here, but DC seems to be pretty drama free. When there is drama I have to say that is very entertaining to see Dwayne and The Fuzz go to work on them.

I remember back when DC first started. I was a moderator on Autopia and there was concern that DC was going to be competition. It is clear now that Dwayne had a totally different idea. He wasn`t trying to copy Autopia at all. Nobody can say that DC and Autopia have anything else in common other than subject matter. Dwayne has always seemed to work toward making DC fun and entertaining. Detail City is in a catagory all of its own and nobody can compete with it really.

All I know is that I`m glad to be here and learn new things every day once again. :headbang Oh, and your smileys rock hard over here!! Adding smileys was the first order of business that I started when I became an admin on Autopia. I got a lot of greif for them at first, but people came around. I gotta say that yours kick my ass in the cool catagory.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, DC is drama free - having been active online going back into the late 80`s with compuserve and delphi, I`m pretty much over the shouting, name calling etc etc. <YAWN> and the smilies here rock. But we need a :drool please fuzz! I`ll grow a mullet if it`ll help.

:fuzz
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    DC is just a fun & friendly place to hang.....kinda like the pool hall and gas station in the 50`s when I started hangin out. Nice people shootin the sh*t, doin a little ribbin on occasion and puttin out helpful ideas. Good folks havin a good time.:cool :dancin
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    You ask and I deliver. We don`t have nearly enough smileys around here. Suggestions are welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet!! :drool

Thanks Fuzz!
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I expect to see pictures of that mullet soon. :naughty nothin is for free, don`tcha know? lol

Thread Information