Post Thanks / Like

NxT Tech Vinyl Protectant - review

I have read a few posts on how people think this is great stuff so I picked some up on sale at my local super target and decided to give it a whirl on my roomate`s truck.

Inital impressions - the smell. Probably more of what they wanted NxT Tech Wax to smell like - a very Lime smell that is not all togehter unpleasant but very strong on the "fake" lime smell. With the Tech Wax the smell seems not to work in it`s favor and only adds to the chemical smell, with the protectant it`s the opposite and adds a "freshening" factor to using it on interior trim.

The Product - T H I C K. Man is it ever and very greasy. A little goes a long way, which is a good thing but it leaves behind a very greasy feeling that even after following up with a clean dry MF, it still there (almost a slightly sticky feeling). Two good sprays on an MF and I did the entire interior of my roomate`s 2002 Ranger Edge (which has vinyl instead of a carpet floor section). This included all the doors, dash, sides and the floors. I followed up with a clean MF and still it was slightly sticky/oily.

The Results - it leaves a very high gloss that does not seem to buff out. If that `s what your looking for than this is your product (I used it on the tires as well, very slick and shiney). Like I said the scent adds to the product as it seems to freshen the interior with it`s lime smell. It was not really my cup o tea. I may use it as a tire gloss but I don`t think I would use it on my interior as I prefer a more satin/matte finish....
    You have activated my special ability....

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! Now I know to stick with my 303 and Poorboys Nat Look.

Thread Information