Post Thanks / Like

Angry When people touch my car . . .

it drives me nuts. For some reason, a friend of mine is constantly touching my car to feel how slick it is, to see the shine under the dust or dirt, or to wipe off some wax I may have missed from the last detail. He did it again today and I nearly snapped. I try to restrain myself because most people do not understand. Is that normal behavior?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if thats normal behavior for me but then again my friends and my brother know me better than to do that to my car:

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife`s friend (neighbor) does that all the time just to irritate me (mainly the windows).

So one day when she wasn`t looking, I dropped to all fours, started growling and bit her on the calf :bigscream :rolling

She screamed and jumped...I thought she was going to pee her pants...she REALLY thought a dog was biting her...Then I told her that at least I hadn`t "Marked" my territory :bigscream :rolling
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I let them know really quickly. If they are offended, sorry. Most people just don`t understand our insane qualities, once you explain yourself that`s when you go from "a little off" to "crazy." Atleast they know not to touch your car anymore.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tough time also with other people touching my vehicles but mostly when the vehicle is dusty or actually dirty. So far I have not been incarcerated for my actions when people get careless

Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with people touching your car? I allow people to brush lightly with their fingers, but if its a hand then I get edgy. If they start to throw their weight I take out my CCD and start flapping at em. J/k :-p

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Woob
    What is wrong with people touching your car? I allow people to brush lightly with their fingers, but if its a hand then I get edgy. If they start to throw their weight I take out my CCD and start flapping at em. J/k :-p
    Im in this same boat. If I am ever in a situation where the car needs to look immaculate (a car show for example) then I am usually carrying enough supplies to let them do that. I almsot always carry S&W, Mother`s Quick Detail (cinnamony goodness), and QD+.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me crazy, but if I go to a carshow I don`t wear a belt or anything with exposed zippers and I keep my hands behind my back when viewing a car. I NEVER touch anything. For me, it is a matter of respect.

I think judges should do the same. When viewing the interior they should either ask you to open the door or be wearing gloves and ask first.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    For shows I need to bring my cotton gloves that came with my Franklin Mint models
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you mean. Something just snaps, every one of my friends know not to ever touch my car. To me it`s like molesting my car. When you try to explain how it marrs the surface, the common response is which just gets me more aggravated.

I even have a set of rules, like close the door by putting your index finger over the keyhole and push
    And I always carry a microfiber in the car, and hand it to people if they need to open or close the trunk. Finger prints are definetly my pet peeve...

Sometimes when I come towards my car, I see little swipes in the dust of my car ..oohh...:angry
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed some of those clear protective paint strips, cut and fit them under my door handles to eliminate potential marring . I`ll instruct someone riding in my car to pleae only open and close the door by the handles only
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a large plastic bubble (like a pokemon ball) around my car that rotates as I drive to ensure no one touches my car - but then I get mad when they touch the bubble :lol

so I got a bubble for my bubble
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I know what you guys mean

Originally posted by detaled by hans
    ...and there was another time when a guy rang my doorbell and he touched my house .... i got out my 44 magnum and shot him and he called a cop and got i arrested....
    so if you touch my stuff i`ll get arrested !!!!!
    Wow! What a coincedence.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my SHO out infront of my house last year for sale and some big fat azz must have tried to look at the interior through the tint. A greasy arm print was on both front windows. :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    oops sorry shotime :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information