Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My trip to Belize.

My local church that I attend is organizing a missions trip to Belize and I am going! For anyone not familiar with Belize, look on a map or globe just south of Mexico.

I will be in Belize from June 23-June 30, 2004.

Many of the people that live in Belize are very poor, lack adequate clothing, lack suitable homes and they do not have such luxuries that we take for granted such as running water and electricity.

Many people down there do speak English as Belize was a British territory at one point.

I am going to Belize to help with the construction of a house. There is an American man and his wife that have devoted themselves to the poor people of Belize. They live down there year round and host groups such as ours who come down and help him achieve his mission. The slab for the house is already poured and the family that will be living there currently live in a hut.

I know that this has nothing to do with detailing but it is something that is very important to me and we do need help raising funds for the trip. Four Star will be contributing products for a car wash May 22, 2004 to help as well. We will also be selling hot dogs and hamburgers at the car wash. My goal is about $800.00. This includes passport, airfare, lodging and meals. I am halfway there with $400.00 of my own money.

(There is a total of 13 of us going. All of us raising money for this trip. If Detail City does exceed the funding that I need I will be more than happy to donate all of the excess to the others that are going on this trip.)

I have put a PayPal link for $10.00 on the Detail City Home Page. Right hand side. If anyone would like to take part and help send me to Belize to touch the lives of people who just don`t have it as good as we have it I would just really appreciate it.
    In return I will promise to do my best on your behalf and bring back lots of pictures. (Even me dirty and working.) If you would like to drop a donation in the mail:

Make payable to: Dwayne McPeeks Belize Trip

Mail to: Four Star Products
    1813 Seeds Ave
    Sarasota, FL

Thanks alot for ANY help that you can provide. Here is a picture of a recent school house that is close to where we will be staying. This team repainted it. It looks like it even has electricity too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless Dwayne. What a worthy cause this is. I`ll chip in. Check your mailbox.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    People in this country who think they are poor and hungry should travel to these places. These people are truly poverished! It really makes you appreciate how lucky we are as americans to be born it a land of great oppurtunity. Good luck and God speed Dwayne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for the immediate support and also in advance to anyone who helps in the future. Your help really means ALOT to me.

Here is an excerpt from an email I received about the family that we will be building a house for. Ron is the American man who lives in Belize year round.

"The lady who will live in it is Sophia. She has two teenage boys. It will be in the village of Buena Vista. About ten minutes from our base. A very Spanish speaking village. Very poor. No running water or electric. This team poured to cement for the floor already. So we await your arrival. ............Ron"

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to give a helping hand too, is it possible if I chip in using cc instead of paypal as I don`t have a paypal account.

Goodman Dwayne for helping out those in needs, sometimes we kinda forget that there are lots of people worst off than us out there and need all the help they can get, may they be in Mexico or Vietnam or wherever.

Godbless you Dwayne:kneel :kneel

From
    The man somewhere on the other side of the world

C
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s so true. Most of us that hangout on Detail City have the luxury of interent access, nice computers, cool cars or running our own businesses.

Whether it is halfway around the world or people in our very own neighborhoods it is really nice to be able to help others less fortunate than ourselves.

I really appreciate your willingness to help. Since this is not through the Four Star business I currently do not have a way to accept credit cards. I will investigate, see if I can come up with a way for you to help and let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks!

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Dwayne, this was such a great idea! I`m Nicole, one of those going with Dwayne on the Belize missions trip! It`s so exciting to see how God is working things out one puzzle piece at a time. I really believe God is all over this. Our slogan is "You better Belize it!" and that sums up our faith-We believe in God and that all things are possible through Him. Just in one hour of Dwayne`s posting this on detailcity there has been a response. Thank you to those who have responded and those yet to come-God is using you and this website.
    Nicole Setliff

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like a great project! Count on my support as well.

While you`re there, be sure to take a few moments to admire the wild birds in the area. Belize is home to many rare species.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just have to say something to EVERYONE that is offering their support.

THANK YOU! You know who you are. Once again I am amazed by how awesome the members of Detail City are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    This sounds like a great project! Count on my support as well.

While you`re there, be sure to take a few moments to admire the wild birds in the area. Belize is home to many rare species.
    Thanks Marj!

I think there will be one day, after the house is built, where we will be able to enjoy how beautiful Belize is and take in the scenery and wildlife.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne my check will be in the mail Monday. Maybe your group can wear T shirts with The Whaler on front that says" The Whalers to the Wrescue"! Just a thought. Rick
    Last edited by rabbi; 05-01-2004 at 02:23 PM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne , you can count on my support as well . By the way if you get a chance to meet the US Ambassador of Belize please say hello to him for me . He is my former Lawyer ! Tell him Mike Hegg says hi !

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne
    I sent you a donation via Paypal..I ask one favor if you can..I lost a good friend there last year on a diving expedition..can you Toss a flower in the ocean for me and bid a peaceful rest for Jimmy

Thanks
    Al Smith
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a Paypal account, but look for a check from On The Spot Mobile Detailing which I just mailed this morning.

Regards,
    Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Chee just made a donation for you too Dwayne (through my paypal) I will be sending mine later too

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information