Post Thanks / Like

California Water Blade

What does everyone think of this product? I picked one up a few weeks ago...I think it works great and all but I`m not sure if its putting microfine scratches into my paint. I think its great to use to just go over the car and get most of the water off, then go back and fnish up with a towel. But, if its going to put marks in the finish, its out the window! So what does everyone think?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`ll find those who love it and those who would never let one touch their car. I`ve been using the CWB for a few years with good success.

The key to avoiding adding scratches is simple - just make sure it`s clean before running it over the surface. I hit both sides with a stream of water from the hose before using. Some guys will spray some QD on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Aloha bro!

There is a lot of water blades out there. I like the California one the best. It has a wide handle for easy use while wet, and it has a unique "T" flap to ease over curves without a lot of pressure.

As far as scratchs go, in 2+ years of using it, no scratchs none at all. Just make sure you rinse your car well.

But whatever, if you like it go with it. Thats what I always say.

A hui hou
    "have a nice day"
    Jeffrey M Smith

Boss_429
    Personally, I don`t like using the CWB on paint. (works nice on windows though).

However, if one wants to try the CWB, here`s what I would recommend................. Make sure that you do absolutely "perfect" car washes to remove "ALL" the dirt before using the CWB. Next, make sure that you leave lots of water on the paint surface to allow the CWB to glide over the surface.

In the end, I still think a good "flood rinse" of the vehicle, and a high quality WW towel make a better drying process.

Post Thanks / Like

CWB

Love this thing!!

I keep a small amount of water running out of a hose elevated next to the car for rinsing the blade after each panel.

I always check the blade often and wipe it off as well with a clean MF to remove any micro paricles.

Some of us use leaf blowers, WW towels etc.

I still use a WW with the blade to quickly pick-up any water in hard to reach areas or heavy curve areas that the blade didn`t fully get.

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it when I wash the truck but I seldom wash it. I dust daily and S&W almost daily.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Personally, I don`t like using the CWB on paint. (works nice on windows though).

However, if one wants to try the CWB, here`s what I would recommend................. Make sure that you do absolutely "perfect" car washes to remove "ALL" the dirt before using the CWB. Next, make sure that you leave lots of water on the paint surface to allow the CWB to glide over the surface.

In the end, I still think a good "flood rinse" of the vehicle, and a high quality WW towel make a better drying process.
    My thoughts exactly. If a car is properly protected and rinsed in the correct way, there is very little water left on the paint. The CWB would actually be slower for me. I just can`t justify the risk.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Windows only for me. Already marred paint with it once, can`t figure out how, EVERYTHING was totally clean.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a CWB for a while in conjunction with an Absorber. I never had a problem with either one, but I was always very careful about rinsing and swiping the blade clean with my fingers. Once I discovered waffle weave MF towels, the CWB and Absorber were put on the back burner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the CWB for about two years. Have never had any problems. I usually follow up with WW.

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if i would have seen this post three days ago i would have said i loved the cwb, but the other day i managed to put a few little scrates on the hood of a very nice BLACk car and i didnt even notice, the owner called me about two hours later and mentioned it too me , so ill have a little extra work to do next week, hope the scrathes come out, or else im screwed. I would recomend using the blade on window and white and silver paint only, its just not worth the extra effort of removing scrates from a hood. IMO,

Thread Information