Post Thanks / Like

Final Inspection VS Last Touch

Whats the difference between these two? I don`t know much about either product but I hear good things all the time on the forum so I wanted to give em a try. All I know is that Last Touch is supposed to be almost exactly the same as Final Detail which it replaced. The problem is its almost impossible to find. Final Inspection is easy to find, so is that basically the same thing or are there some differences between the two?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Final Detail was several dollars less per gallon than Final Inspection. I don`t know what the replacement "Last Touch" price is. Seems like the FD was about $15 a gallon and the FI was in the $20+ area.
    Final Detail was not body shop safe, Final Inspection is. To me, that was not important, to some, it might be.
    Many people think Final Detail adds more pop to the finish. Maybe, maybe not. I buy Final Detail, Final Inspection, and 4 Star UGE by the gallon and can`t say I have any real favorite. I use the UGE almost exclusively on the vehicle with 4 Star UPP as the last step product. If I use S100 or NXT as the last step, I use the FD or the FI.
    IMO, you will probably be happy with the results of either one. When you figure that a gallon will probably last a hobby detailer several months, the cost difference isn`t all that great.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I use final inspection for a clay lube but I like Final Detail better as a QD ...
    It seems easier on and off and leaves a slicker finish.
    I haven`t tried Last touch but Boss 429 mentioned that it performed much the same as FD
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Last Touch is $19.99 a gallon on Megs site

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

Just to add,

Meguiar`s #34 Final Inspection is Body Shop Safe and is an excellent QD as well as clay lubricant. Meguiar`s Last Touch (D-15501) which has now replaced Final Detail, is not Body Shop safe. It is however, VERY slippery, even more than the Final Detail it replaces. It also has a similar gloss to that of the Final Detail, if not a little better.

I have used quite a bit of Last Touch already. I really love the ease of application and removal. I also love the gloss it provides. I am not fond of the smell though others seem to really like it! But, I do prefer the #34 Final Inspection for a claying lube as it is less slippery than Last Touch.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like last touch is a better choice for my purposes. Do you guys think that some of the other sites like autogeek, pac or cma will be carrying Last Touch in the future? How new is it? I know pac sells final detail but they are sold out now and I would think they won`t be getting anymore in since its been replaced. I find it to be annoying to order from a manufacturers site because you have to pay shipping on just 1 item. If i were to order from one of the other sites, I could put together a bigger order since they carry more items that I need. Any thoughts on that?
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    I just thought of a couple more questions...Why should it matter to me that FI is body shop safe? Im not doing n e body shop work so is there any other reason for me to care?

Also, How does Four Star Spray Wax Plus compare to Last Touch?

Post Thanks / Like

LT

I`ve been using LT for awhile and find it same as FD. I asked Mike Phillips on the difference and it`s just reformulated and now VOC compliant until 2008. Still has curable silicones, which make it very slippery and wet looking.

I used it prior to EX-P application with no ill effects. In fact, I think it may have added to the reflective nature of EX-P. JMO

As for Body Shop Safe/not-safe... unless you plan to repaint, who cares?

At one point, LT did streak the EX-P covered finish, but a little more wiping and everything is OK. Some high-pile MF towels may have a problem removing LT streaks on some wax/sealant, but a MF with a little more tight nap and no problems. I tried QD`ing with a Sonus Buffing towel and it may also be the amount sprayed on, but it did streak a bit. Grabbed an ExcelDetail edgeless or Packshak and all is well.

The way I go through QD`s, I`m glad it`s in gallon containers!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Deanski,

You`re in luck! Meguiar`s sells Last Touch in 5 Gallon containers (D-15505)

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea, that`s right! Thanks for reminding me

Never can have enough of a good QD the way I go through it!

I posted some pic of the SC430 which was shot with the LT.

Deanski SC430 with EX-P

Here`s the other:
    EX-P thread and the SC430
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Thread Information