Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How is 1Z Glanz?

Anyone try this product (I`m sure a bunch of you have!!!)? What did you think of it? How does it compare to some of the other DC fav`s like EX or UPP?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a great sinthetic wax, easy to use, great durability and very good looking finish too.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good product. Even though I put it on too thick in spots it was still easy off. Water like viscosity. It took me a few foam applications to get the right amount on my applicator. I used a yellow foam applicator to apply and a micro to take off. My f-i-l (it was his car)was very impressed with the look. So it wasn`t just me who was happy with it. Has a solvent like smell. Durabilty is/was good. I liike this product alot.
    Last edited by rabbi; 06-30-2004 at 01:55 PM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Glanz is a nice product. Like the others have said, it has a chemical smell, and it is very thin. It goes on pretty easy and comes off just as easy if you put it on thin. It has good slickness, more like Zaino than UPP. Only tried it on pearl white. It has a nice glossy look to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you use this after polishing and sealing? I am still learning the combos here, but this would not work well over a carnuba wax, correct?
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried it over carnuba. I put it on top of EX. All I can say is try it and let me/us know. If there`s bonding issues what will it hurt? The worst scenario is it doesn`t match up well and you get to polish and wax your car again.. I hope this doesn`t sound wise because it`s not meant to be. I just don`t know so i`m telling you to give a shot you won`t hurt anything. Rick
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I can get Murdock to do it for me....haha.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you plan to try Glanz Wax, make sure that you are completely satisfied with all your prep work. Glanz Wax will magnify any paint imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    If you plan to try Glanz Wax, make sure that you are completely satisfied with all your prep work. Glanz Wax will magnify any paint imperfections.
    I hate that!!! UPP doesn`t do that at all...maybe i`ll just stick with that. Are there any real advantages to Glanz over UPP?
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheSopranos16
    I hate that!!! UPP doesn`t do that at all...maybe i`ll just stick with that. Are there any real advantages to Glanz over UPP?
    I hate that too. Daily drivers will always have some paint imperfections, even if they are pampered.

I do think that GW is easier to apply than either UPP or EX-P due to its thin liquid consistency. However, they are all easy to wipe off. UPP and EX-P don`t smell as bad as GW. In the case of EX-P, it actually smells good! Of the 3, I prefer the look of EX-P.

Post Thanks / Like
    awd, do you think ex-p is the best of the three for dark cars or just in general? My car is black, so do u think ex-p would look best?

Post Thanks / Like
    awd, do you think ex-p is the best of the three for dark cars or just in general? My car is black, so do u think ex-p would look best?
    Do you have any metallic flake? If so, my preference would be the VM, EX-P (x2) combo. Follow it with a Souveran topper for maximum "pop". If it`s non-metallic, I would go with regular EX in place of EX-P.

Post Thanks / Like
    no metallic. Right now I have Souveran on the car...its AMAZING. I`ll have to pick up some Poorboys to put underneth in the near future!!

Post Thanks / Like
    no metallic. Right now I have Souveran on the car...its AMAZING. I`ll have to pick up some Poorboys to put underneth in the near future!!
    Sounds like a good plan to me! Let us know how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    On black, you may want to try EX as it contains carnuba. I like the dark look, as opposed to the bright look on black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information