Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tass a full detail on a rental Expedition? I wish I had that much spare time..LOL

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep

Wash
    Clay
    3M PI-II RCFC on certain spots
    Megs Fine Cut
    Megs #9
    Megs #7 (2 coats)
    Megs #26
    Megs QD w/ MF

Took me a whole day, but the car was good though all the powerwashings on the road trip. My family was surprised how easily the bugs and other road gunk came off.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    dang dan, they should`ve rented it to you free. i`ve never detailed a rental but i bet i would probably do the same. when i see a car, i want to detail it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Tassadar-
    I can understand being young, bored, and needing something to do, but detail a rental??

I`m calling the guys in the white coats off of Poorboy and sending them after you!
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ack no! Must grab all supplies from garage and hide them, schnell schnell!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tacscar-tim
    dang dan, they should`ve rented it to you free. i`ve never detailed a rental but i bet i would probably do the same. when i see a car, i want to detail it...
    lol!

Sadly enough, before we returned it I washed it one last time, and it was still beading like crazy. And I didnt take the #26 with me on the trip, I SWEAR! When we took the vehicle back, they asked abotu the condition of the paint. My dad said that it had some scrapes from when they picked it up, and then while gesturing at me said that the paint would never see a better day again.

God that felt good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet that felt good! Not a bad why to get some practice on scratch removal either.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it was great. I wished I would have had a rotary, so I could get some practice with it, but alas I am not made of money.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

So, safe to say `bout $175 for a complete job?

Thanks.
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! did I hijack this thread or what. Oh yea, im da man!

Lol, im just kidding.

$175 is pretty comperable to most high end details. You could easily make $175 off exterior alone if you used something well known like Zaino, and sing its praises

You down with UPP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey MortorCITY,

Come on over to Holland and I`ll do it for $125 and show you how its done so you can see for yourself. $125 for the car and the lesson is free

Jason
    Summer Breeze Auto Detailing
    616-405-2032
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Dang Thread Hijackers! Hehe ~

Thanks for the responses. Hey SquirrelMaster, my fellow Michiganian ~ @ $125 seems pretty fair but I don`t get to he Holland area too much.

However, how `bout we meet 1/2 way, let`s say Grand Rapids and I`ll buy lunch, too!?
    (offer limited to state of michigan, restrictions apply, void where prohibited, offer expires in 2 minutes)

[ 2001 Cobra ]

You down with UPP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good motorcity, give me a call and we can set something up. Make sure your car is remotely clean so I can just use some S&W and I will try to think of a place where we can hi-jack and electrical outlet for the PC, Shop Vac, & Green Machine.

Jason
    Summer Breeze Auto Detailing
    616-405-2032
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Post Thanks / Like
    All this talk about parking lots on Sunday while enjoying the day off I decided to go have a few...I mean alot of drinkns at my local bar. The wifes BMW was parked on a side street where I always park after coming out I noticed that someone had sat on the hood. I mean!!!!!! on the F"ing hood leaving about 6 to 7 decent little dents with out any breaks in the paint. I would have called a cop for a report but under the influnce I thought that might not be such a great idea.

Anywho I have a dent guy coming later this week and he said that he can get me back to new again for $250.00.

I do not plan on ever driving the wifes car again.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to chime in on the edgy thing whenever people get too close to my car, or lean on it(at least try to, cause they usually don`t get to do it, if im near the ride)..........i got a friend of mine who constantly is looking at my paint, i gues to find flqws in the finish, and he`s got this REALLY annoying habit of scractching small defects with his fingernails.........do i have to tell you that HE DRIVES ME NUTS WITH THAT i constantly have to remind him to stop doing it, at least not on my car. people have a hard time catching how much we care for our cars, and often times tend to say us as superficial beings.

my sister in law boyfriends has this real annoying habit of his : in the winter season, just before he gets into a car, he knock snow off his boots on the rocker panel !!!!!! How bad is this !! Now do you think i still allow him into my ride ? The answer is hell no lol.......he refuses to go by my set of rules(very simple one on top of it, just plain common sense), i find it real hard to understand why some people refuse to cooperate. I told him : in your car, you tell me what to do, and i`ll respect that, but i expect the same in return......which is logical.

Anyway, the moral of this is, some people just dont have any respect however hard or gently to try to explain it to them.

just my two cents here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information