97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

303 vs armor all

I`ve been using 303 for about a year now. In my area a 32 oz. cost around $23.00. Since it`s so expensive I usually use it also on my leather and my tires. I mean why spend more money on more products when 303 can do it all? Anyhow, I was just thinking maybe I should use armor all on my tires instead because it`s less expensive? A 32 oz. of armor all in my area costs around $5.50. What do you people think? I like the matte look that 303 gives. Not having used armor all in so long I don`t recall if it leaves a gloss look or not.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its all prefernce, whatever works for ya keep on doing it.. If you like it who cares what others think..
    picture perfect auto detailing
    "we put the cherry back in your car"
    detailingisthegame@hotmail.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    My ArmorAll became history for me back when it was getting all the negative comments about leeching some of the natural lubricants and preservatives in tires and vinyl
    I have no idea if it was that bad, but there was enough blasting of the stuff to turn me off of it.
    It seems likely that it would be better today(?), but I still stay away from it.
    If it was as bad as some have said, I would have thought they would have faced a class-action suit long ago.
    They do have a matte finish or low gloss product now.
    The 303 isn`t cheap, but 32 oz. lasts me a long time so it doesn`t seem to have much effect on my detailing budget.

Charles

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guru Reports says that the Original Armor All is reformulated and shouldn`t be a problem for your tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    you might want to look at PB natural look for a cheaper product. I`ve not used 303 but I hear they are smilar products
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several products on the market as you know. For a mere $20 you could by about 4 different products in a smaller size bottle to test against. 4 Tires 4 products. Find one you like and at a cost your comfortable with. I have used amor all in the past and liked it for my tires. I did switch to Megs. High Endurance. It`s a great shine that last but also seems to be a dust magnet. It`s very gooey. I also, like the Turtke wax brand in the spray foam. I try to keep a can around for doing inside of wheel wells.

In other words pick your posion that offers you the look and budget you desire.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion Poorboys Natural Look beats both ArmorAll and 303. I tried it and I`ll never need to go to Target again
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a daily driver that I was using armor all on for some time due to cost. The armorall seemed to pick up dirt as the edges of the tires would be brown when I went to wash the vehicle again. Also the fling off of the product on my paint was more significant than with the 303 & PB natural look that I used on my garage queen. Overall for the price, armorall worked fine, I eventually made the choice to just use the more expensive products that gave better results. Just my two cents.

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have also noticed how Armor All collects dirt. I use 303 on my interiors/plastic exterior trim and tire black or other products on tires.

Joe
    Joe
    TruckTechniques.com in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy 303 by the gallon--around $50 shipped, using on the interior, tires and underhood surfaces it still lasts me quite a long time
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information