Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You Take Credit Cards?

I don`t do detailing professionally but I do have a little business where I`d like to take credit cards.

I`ve been seeing some talk about Charge America a service where you don`t need a card swiping machine and all that stuff. YOu just call in the charge.

Have you tried it? Have you heard anything about it?
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    no but what luck have you had with it so far? ...I`d like to take them but between the fees and cost of either renting or buying the machine it doesn`t seem worth it:dunno chargeamerica looks like a decent alternative even though their % is a bit higher
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    BAH!! you just did the same thing on autopia... why are you double posting the same stuff on different forums??

Here is the link to your previous thread on this forum:
    http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=credit

Autopia1:
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...charge+america

Autopia2:
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...457#post352457

I dont get it, you have such a high post count on both sites, you should no not to create repeat threads like that, do you work for chargeamerica or something?

Not to get on you or be an ass, i am just real confused, and it is generally noobs that get "moderated" on many forums for this :dunno

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suppose that Jim has not gotten the responses he was hoping for on the previous threads:dunno ..sometimes threads and important ones are not seen by many people and then disappear from the front pages and no more responses to them..:dunno ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

I must attest to what Steve brought up. Sometimes there are so many new threads in one day that important or pertinant ones can get swamped, only to never be seen until someone replies to them.

Hence i beleive Jim reposted a similar topic because me might of felt he received inadequate responses.

Its all good, no harm done.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    jim ive got lots of people calling and mailing me stuff on this ever since i went legit .. im very interested in this topic as you are.. keep us posted on what you find out ..nton nton
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tpgsr
    BAH!! you just did the same thing on autopia... why are you double posting the same stuff on different forums??

Autopia1:

Autopia2:

I dont get it, you have such a high post count on both sites, you should no not to create repeat threads like that, do you work for chargeamerica or something?

Not to get on you or be an ass, i am just real confused, and it is generally noobs that get "moderated" on many forums for this :dunno
    What`s your point :dunno Not everyone on autopia is on DC and vice-versa. It always helps to get as many responses as possible and if the mod`s have a problem then they will handle it. Last thing we need is a bunch of traffic cops.

Jim, I have not tried it, but I know alot of banks have a program where if you have a biz acct then you can call in CC#`s direct to a number they have.You may want to check with your current bank. Just a thought

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    tpgsr......what difference could it possibly make to you if I try to get more responses to a question that is important to me. If you don`t like a thread why waste your time responding. Just move on....like out of my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, it`s Jim, his pimpin truck, and his dog! (I saw your earlier post with pics)

Jim - this might be more of a hassle than chargeamerica, but seeing that you would need to call in the charge, and THEN get hit with a fee, this alternative might work -

Ever thought of using paypal? You could use the request funds feature (and ask ur customer to pay ahead of time to make sure they pay), but this would mean that customer will have to sign up for paypal.

Otherwise, you can set up a merchant account. The terms are as follows:

Low cost. With PayPal, there are no setup charges, gateway fees, cancellation fees, or monthly charges. You can apply for the low merchant rate of 2.2% + $.30 per transaction.

Looks cheaper than chargeamerica? (Their terms are attached as well

Upfront Investment: One-time fee of only $99. 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason, you can get your $99 within 30 days. This guarantee applies even if you use the service every day. See special offer for details.

Activation: Same day. Start accepting credit cards within a few hours.

Approval Rate: 99%. No need to have perfect credit. Proprietors and new businesses welcome. No storefront required. You can use a personal or business checking account.

Credit Card Terminal: No credit card terminal is necessary, since you can use any touchtone phone, including a cellphone.

Monthly Fees: Only a $9.95 monthly-access fee. No monthly minimum, no monthly statement fee, no leasing fee. Special Offer: Sign up now and pay no monthly access fee for the first three months. Offer expires May 31st.

Transaction Fee: None.

Discount Rate: 3.95% Example: On a $50 dollar bill you are debited $1.97. If you calculate all the fees that come with a traditional merchant account, you will often find that your effective rate can be 5%-7%. Since there are no other fees except the discount rate, our service will cost you less money. It is clearly the best choice for the low-volume merchant.
    2004 Black Sapphire BMW X3 3.0
    =D
    http://bb.1asphost.com/joshw81/x3/

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tpgsr

Autopia1:

Autopia2:

With all due respect to all of the other forums on the internet, Detail City is really the only one that matters to me.

Just because something is posted elsewhere does not mean that it cannot be posted on Detail City. How else will myself or many of my other members that choose Detail City exclusively be able to read these posts and have the opportunity to respond?

Sit back, relax and let me take care of moderating Detail City.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    :headbang :mohawk

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne
    With all due respect to all of the other forums on the internet, Detail City is really the only one that matters to me.

Just because something is posted elsewhere does not mean that it cannot be posted on Detail City. How else will myself or many of my other members that choose Detail City exclusively be able to read these posts and have the opportunity to respond?

Sit back, relax and let me take care of moderating Detail City.

Thanks.
    :yeah

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, hi, umm sorry bout that, i wasn`t trying to step on anyones toes, i just put the autopia links to show that it was done there 2x as well as here 2x, i know alot are not cross posters, they werent there for that reason. If you notice the first link was showing that it was on this site already too. In fact it is right on the front page at the top of the news section, very visible even to those that read just this forum exclusively I just put the autopia links to ask him specifically why 2x on both forums, why not just bump the original thread??

I wasn`t trying to mederate, just simply stating a fact. If he wants to post twice, what do i care, i was just wondering why? Why not just bump up the original thread?
    I dont like causing drama, so that is all i will say with this.

Sorry if anyone felt offended or that i was out of line

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    To get back to Jim`s orgional question, I would also like to know how many independent detailers out there accept credit cards, and how much have they increased your business? Thinking of doing that myself.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really surprised that more mobil detailers haven`t posted on this subject. It seems lilke taking cc`s would be a really good idea for increasing business. It would make selling a $200 job much easier....imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information