Post Thanks / Like

Question regarding using PB & Adams

Hi Guys,

Been reading the board here. You guys a very helpful. Let me tell you what I`ve done and what I would like to do. I`ve detailed my black 04 Tahoe about 3 weeks ago using the following Poorboy (mostly) products:

1. PWC
    2. PB-EX
    3. S100 Wax

For 3 weeks I`ve been keeping it clean using PB Spray and Wipe. As I try not to wash it too much.

Yesterday my wife purchased some Adams Detail Spray (quick detailer). What I want to know is:

1. Can I use the Adam`s Detail Spray on top of the PB products? Will it screw with the shine?

2. It`s been 3 weeks but can I just re-apply a coat of PB-EX? I love this stuff. Goes on/off with ease.

3. What will happen if I apply a coat of PB-EX and then use the Adam`s Detail Spray? Or should I do the opposite?

Sorry for all the questions but I don`t want to screw anything up (like my paint).

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

JLM

Post Thanks / Like
    1.) I have Adam`s detail spray and I`ve used it with with Poorboy`s. No problems, gives a nice shine... just don`t use too much of it, a squirt goes a long way, just like S&W.

2.) I don`t see why not.

3.) I think it would be better to use the detail spray AFTER you apply the EX...

Post Thanks / Like
    As Ranch, Boss, and I are some of the few who have used both, let me start by saying that they complement each other well. His detail spray, which is my absolute favorite, has a smidge of carnuba enhancers in it, so it will make the car shine and glow better than S&W. However, spray and wipe has the advantage on cleaning ability.

2) The only thing I can think of is that EX will not bond as well, as S100 is a fine paste carnuba. What you should look at is just reapplying S100 every few weeks.

3) From experience---no problems what so ever
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see any need for the s100. EX has carnuba. I`d clean off the s100 and reapply EX and then top the EX with more EX every month or so. I wouldn`t use a detailing spray as it would probably have a spray wax in it that would need to be taken off the finish so I could top with more EX. I stick with S&W and with it I see no need for a QD. (I have 2 bottles of Z6 and 7 bottles of Platinum QD plus several other misc. brands of QD`s in the closet....just sitting there...and I`ll probably never use them since I have 5 gal of S&W )
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS
    (I have 2 bottles of Z6 and 7 bottles of Platinum QD plus several other misc. brands of QD`s in the closet....just sitting there...and I`ll probably never use them since I have 5 gal of S&W )
    I was going to suggest that you list your unused QDs in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum, but I think we lost that during the "oops, I pressed the wrong button" event. I`ll start a thread in the DC Glitches forum to see if we can get that feature back.

Post Thanks / Like
    JimS

So you are saying that I should remove the S100 and reapply the EX? How and what would I use to remove just the S100? I`m kind of new at this, thus the simple question. I`m confused as to whether I should apply the S100 "or" the EX every month or so to keep shine/appearance. I was under the impression QDs were designed for this purpose.

Thanks!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok lets make this really simple...yes you can use your QD and yes you can apply the EX over all of it and yes it will continue to look great especially if this is done on a regular basis...

The biggest attribute of my products is their flexiblity with other products....

If you want just pure durability(like Zainos) I could easily state that there is only one way to do it and if you stray from it you will not get your desired results...but most people prefer having some room for error and experimenting
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    As everyone else has said, you sure can use the Adam`s detail spray on EX.............. and on any other topper you wish. I think you will like the results.

Applying a coat of EX every 3 to 4 weeks is probably an ideal way of getting you paint in good condition, and looking great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it is really a preference upon looks---wetness vs. clarity

In the end, it`s good to know that the Poorboy`s products are versatile enough to intermix your likings!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information