Post Thanks / Like

Waxremovalwith PC

Do people use their PC to remove wax and polish or is it just by hand.

thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to this game and learning tons daily. I just hope all test subjects - ahem, cars - survive the process is reasonablly good shape! But I tried using the PC to remove wax and polish with mixed results.

With Menzerna FP, not so good. FP is difficult to remove once it dries hard. Seems like using the pc to remove it dries it that little bit more to make it stick. No biggie a little 50/50 h2o-oh spritz and it comes right off.

With 3m IHG, using the PC with a terry bonnet made the shine a tad deeper it seems. no problems. I will use the PC again to remove it next time I use the IHG.

With Wolfgang PE, The PC rocked! Definitely could see a difference when I removed the Polish Enhancer with the PC. But it gummed up the mf bonnet I was using very quickly. I need to experiment more here. The first pass impressed me though. It`s worth it to try to figure it out.

With Klasse AIO - no problems but I didn`t see any benefits either ....

FWIW
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried removing wax/sealant a few times but felt it took longer than wiping it by hand. Grabbing a MF and wiping down a car by hand is my favorite part of detailing. So maybe my thoughts are biased.
    I have gotten better results by applying NXT with the PC, though I know that is not the question.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Pittsburgh, Pa buy way of Winston-Salem N.C.
    Post Thanks / Like
    can`t you just keep polishing with the pc til most of the product is gone then wipe with a MF. use to buff airplanes with a rotary and that`s pretty much what we did.
    p.s. did that work as an airline employee so i`m new to the detailing game.
    Auto Spa Detailing.. Treat your auto to a day at THE SPA!!!!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use the MF bonnets as they do not perform the greatest. Fold and press firmly with a MF enough to keep the PC on the paint. Then you can interchange.

Hope I could help! :hippi

Post Thanks / Like
    I my self will remove the polish or wax with an MF then do a quick once over with a CLEAN terry cloth bonnet. I was always taught that the heat created by the friction of the PC and bonnet improved the bond between layers. I`m not a chemist but it sounds good and is just habit now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always removed products by hand. If it is too hard to remove, it either was a pplied too heavy or it is a PITA to use and I`ll have one less product to use.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scott P
    I`ve always removed products by hand. If it is too hard to remove, it either was a pplied too heavy or it is a PITA to use and I`ll have one less product to use.
    :yeah
    Well said Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scott P
    I`m with you on that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the PC to apply stuff and then wipe it off with a mf by hand.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone answering. I`ll stick to the MF. I used the PC and used it to apply polish and wax, and it awesome and thought maybe I could save time. I`ll just bring the PC to my buddy`s bachelor party and see what it can remove there or apply.

thanks again,

Robert

Thread Information