Post Thanks / Like

show car detailing

if you guys had to detail a show car what products would you use for the most impressive look?

glaze and or polish, wax, high gloss tire shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    It comes down to personal preference. I hate looking at a glossy/slimey tire they look fake to me. I like a matte finish not shiney not flat on a tire. I like the contrast from the shine of the paint and black of the tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Warren that is quite a question you are asking there. There are so many areas that need to be covered. One difference between a show car and a typical detail is an even more attention to detail, it isn`t all about the paint. Every piece of the car will need to be spotless, better than new. Differences include the undercarriage, engine and all the nooks and cranny`s. I also agree that a show car really wouldn`t have glossy tires. Having your tires look brand new would be impressive.

My advice would be to make a list of each area you need to detail and put together a plan of attack with a timeline. Probably will take you at least a month to prepare.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree about tire shine. The tires should look clean and new, no shine.
    What type of show car is this? Is it a classic, such as a stock 57 Chevy, or a low slung, super fast import, such as a Mitsubishi Spyder? Are you going to show local shows are will you be gunning for the big ones? These are some of the things you need to know when prepping your car. Go to the type of shows you are planning to join and ask some of the owners what they use and compare. As for products, there are many that will do great in the right hands. Also, the color of your car will play a roll in how much of what product you will use.
    Good luck with the project. Remember, you must not over look anything. If you can see it so can the judge and they will.
    I treat them all like they are my very own.

Post Thanks / Like

k

its a black late model mustang convertible
    id just like the paint really deep clear and wet looking right now the paint has no screatches or imperfections, just looking for those products that give the paint a nice "POP" effect very liquid wet looking etc

what polish and or glaze wax combo would you suggest?

Boss_429

Re: k

Originally posted by frankie
    its a black late model mustang convertible
    id just like the paint really deep clear and wet looking right now the paint has no screatches or imperfections, just looking for those products that give the paint a nice "POP" effect very liquid wet looking etc

what polish and or glaze wax combo would you suggest?
    For a sealant combo, it`s tough to beat AIO/UPP for a extremely wet look.

For a carnauba combo, I would recommend Meguiar`s #7, or #81, or One Grands Omega glaze, followed by P21S/S100......... doesn`t get much "wetter" than this!

A lot of people are saying great things about Poorboys Pro Polish, followed by his EX.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One quick thought on show car work.

Its more about getting it perfectly clean and surface prep more than a cartain special wax.

Do whatever it takes to refine and remove any imperfections in the paint and once this is done use something like a hand glaze and a straight wax like Blitz, P21S or a simmilar wax.

John
    Buy the new jayhawks album!

Thread Information