Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Sealer AND Glaze

Tried Mothers Sealer and Glaze today seems to do everthing that I.H.G. and meg.#7 does but faster and easier. A super product. I didnt have Mothers wax to top it off so I used Meg.#26 worked great , next time Ill top it with S100.

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Sealer AND Glaze

Originally posted by Larry A
    Tried Mothers Sealer and Glaze today seems to do everthing that I.H.G. and meg.#7 does but faster and easier. A super product. I didnt have Mothers wax to top it off so I used Meg.#26 worked great , next time Ill top it with S100.
    Hmmm, I have a nearly full bottle that I haven`t touched since I started using IHG. IHG is a PITA to get off so maybe I`ll do a little half and half test with one side IHG and one side Mothers, the price is right for that stuff.

I`ve read that 3M only rates IHG as a "1" for durability; meaning that it will be gone after 1 wash (unprotected by a wax, I assume).

So what are some suggestions for a more durable glaze?

Post Thanks / Like
    Their are no durable glazes. You have to top with wax.If you have a garage queen you can get away with just glaze, If the car is driven you must wax after glaze.

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

top with wax

Their are no durable glazes. You have to top with wax.If you have a garage queen you can get away with just glaze, If the car is driven you must wax after glaze.
    I will be using wax, of course, but there must be some difference in how glazes retain their look over time from product to product, (underneath a wax).

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the glaze will last as long as the wax put over it . When the wax is gone the glaze will be gone too. Give the Mothers Glaze a try I think you will like it , easy on and easy off no streakes.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give the Mothers Glaze a try I think you will like it , easy on and easy off no streakes.
    Some day I may once again try a glaze, but IHG and #7 were such a PIA that I ended up giving almost full bottles of each away.
    Using AIO, SEC, UPP, and S100, I haven`t really felt the need for a glaze.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m coming to the conclusion that once you learn to properly prep and polish the surface, ANY decent glaze or wax is going to look great. Some may look better than others, but if you polish the paint perfectly smooth and clear, how can a glaze or wax not look superb over it?

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

PITA Glazes

Originally posted by CharlesW
    Some day I may once again try a glaze, but IHG and #7 were such a PIA that I ended up giving almost full bottles of each away.
    Using AIO, SEC, UPP, and S100, I haven`t really felt the need for a glaze.
    Well I did a side by side test of IHG and Mother`s Sealer & Glaze.

Both were applied to a dawn-washed tailgate with a PC on 4.

They were buffed into until almost gone then wiped with a MF.

Ease of application: Mother`s wins here by a mile! It took almost no time and effort to buff it in until it was gone, where the IHG took at least 4 times as long to buff in and it still wasn`t gone (I`m convinced that you just can`t make that stuff buff in completely.

Looks: this is a tough one; there isn`t a huge difference. I would have taken a picture but there`s no way you could tell a difference in a photo. The IHG might have looked a LITTLE bit clearer but I really can`t decide, it may be in my head (more $ = better shine)

Tactile test: The Mothers feels soooo smooth and slippery where the IHG feels clean and kinda grabby.

I think at half the price the Mother`s gets my vote (especially for customer vehicles)

Thread Information