Thread: Prices

Post Thanks / Like

Prices

I`ve only been on this bb for a short time, but have seen the subject of pricing come up a couple of times.

My friend Scooter (bb name) who lives in Mesa, Az recently sent me a pricing "menu" from a big detailing shop in his town, and I`m gonna quote some of the prices in this pamphlet to you guys. I`m told that this guy has 9 bays in his shop, and they`re always full. I`m quoting here:

"HAND WASH & DRY (Completely hand wash your vehicle. All exterior trim mouldings, mirrors, spoilers, flares, luggage racks hand blown dry. Door jams (excluding hinge area) are cleaned, and top of dash and steering column are damp wiped to remove dust, etc...Tires look good as new after they are cleaned and sealed. Carpets and rubber mats are express cleaned. All carpets and seats are thoroughly vacuumed. Your vehicle will go through a comprehensive final inspection before it is returned to you"
    Cars & Standard Caps....................................$29.95/up
    Extended Cabs.............................................. .$34.95/up
    SUV`S, Suburbans, Mini Vans & Club Cabs......$39.95/up
    Full Size Vans.............................................. ...$Quote

COMPLETE INTERIOR PACKAGE (Your vehicle is thoroughly vacuumed, all nooks and crannies included. All fabric is chemically spot-cleaned as necessary, followed by a thorough shampoo with our adjustable-powered shampoo extraction equipment. Your carpets and floor mats are thoroughly shampooed. Vinyl mats will be deep cleaned and sealed. All door panels are deep cleaned and sealed. Your entire dash area is deep cleaned and sealed - including all vents, steering column, visors, mirrors, ash trays, glove box, and any other nook or cranny which requires attention. Your trunk will be vacuumed or shampooed as necessary. Please Note - Headliners and seat belts require different cleaning procedures, and most vehicles do not require this service

Standard Cab Trucks......................................$99.95/up
    Cars & Extended Cabs...................................$129.95/up
    Wagons & SUV`s............................................$ 149.95/up
    Mini Vans & Suburbans..................................$169.95/up
    Full Sizw Vans.............................................. ..Quote

TEFLON SEALANT FINISH PROTECTION

Sub Compact Cars........................................$299.9 5/up
    Cars & Standard Cab Trucks.........................$319.95/up
    SUV`s & Extended Cabs................................$339.95/up
    Suburbans, Mini Vans & Club Cabs...............$359.95/up

They have all of their services broken down to "GOOD, BETTER, OR BEST". I quoted 3 of their "Best". They have pricing for just about everything, and I only gave you a small sampling. If you want more, say the word lol.

To be honest with you, the whole thing left me kind of numb.

p.s. To anybody new in this biz, I sure wouldn`t with any big expectations run out the door and try to charge these prices. But if you do, and get the goods, then GOD BLESS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you heard of bait and switch?

Its common in the restaurant industry. Get you in the door with the steak and lobster for 12 bucks and then sell you a baked potato for 5 bucks.

The pricing seems low what caught my eye is the AND UP at the end of each price.
    Another thing is the wording seems fishy how do you go about sealing the air vents. In the last 25 years that I have been active cleaning cars I`ve never heard of this or sealing the ash tray.

Those Teflon pricing seems well over the top I wonder how many suckers he gets for that.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    That does seem fishy, very fishy actually.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re right Beamer.

A good example is found in his "Wheel Cleaning". His words:

"All wheels are washed at no additional charge during our detailing service preparation system. Some wheels require additional attention in the form of chemical cleaning or hand polishing to remove stains, brake dust deposits, and other problems that affect their appearance. This popular service will make a substantial improvement in the look of your factory stock or custom wheels"......Most Wheels..............$10.00/up (each)"

When he talks about engines it`s the same thing.

The words "our detailing service preparation system" made me laugh out loud. Kind of synonomous with KY Jelly????

Post Thanks / Like
    eddie

You can bet that he has a bunch of cheap labor working on the cars. There is a place here that is about the same, your more confused than anything, and crap I know what I`m looking at. I called the guy on it while I was having my car priced out. He was trying to sell me a sealant and said it would remove all the swril marks. I then handed him my card and asked him to show what swril marks.....LOL end of the conversation!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information