Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

More MF at Wal*Mart

While in Wal*Mart today looking at some of their new detailing brushes, I noticed they had a large, (6.5 sq. ft.) microfiber towel. Priced around $5 or $6.
    With all the negative comments I have read about their smaller MF towels, I didn`t bother to check it out. I figured one of you folks could try them and let us all know what you think. :-p

Charles

Detailing expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: More MF at Wal*Mart

Originally posted by CharlesW
    While in Wal*Mart today looking at some of their new detailing brushes, I noticed they had a large, (6.5 sq. ft.) microfiber towel. Priced around $5 or $6.
    With all the negative comments I have read about their smaller MF towels, I didn`t bother to check it out. I figured one of you folks could try them and let us all know what you think. :-p

Charles
    dude try the ones at Sam`s. you can get a pack of 20 for $9.99. they work really great. IMO they work better than the ones I got from detail city.
    "If I can`t make it shine, it doesn`t shine." Gallop`s detailing waxes all competion."

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen it as well, but passed. I did look and notice that it is a different manufacturer. I may try this one eventually.

The old MF towels seem to have changed a bit for this year. They are now 80/20 and made in Korea. They felt to be of the same quality. With the ones available to me at Costco, I have no need for them.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: More MF at Wal*Mart

Originally posted by top detailer
    dude try the ones at Sam`s. you can get a pack of 20 for $9.99. they work really great. IMO they work better than the ones I got from detail city.
    That`s a pretty strong recommendation. The dark green MF towels I got from PAC are probably the nicest I have seen. Definitely the nicest I have used.
    Sams Club isn`t on my list of stores to shop at. I really have a problem paying someone to take my money. My wife gets a pass from her workplace and we go there about once a year. I don`t buy anything, but she does. Maybe it`s my turn.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: More MF at Wal*Mart

Originally posted by top detailer
    So what you`re saying is that the towels you buy for $0.50 are better than those Dwayne (and others!) sell for $3-$5.00! Either Sams steals them so that they can make that price or Dwayne and others are stealing from his costumers!

I don`t believe that they are equal, less, that they are better. Either you can`t qualify them or are BSing us (or Dwayne and other sellers are stealing from everybody ).

P.S. I don`t know what Sams is, there`s no such thing in Portugal...
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    JGV - Sam`s is one of the Walmart spin-offs. Walmart is notorious for telling a supplier that I`ll by 5 times what you can produce. Then after the supplier builds to produce that much, Walmart`s second order is at much lower price - take it or leave it. With no body else around big enough to place such a large order, Walmart generally gets what they ask for. Walmart also has a reputation of putting smaller competitors out of business by selling things at less than the smaller guy can buy them for.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just reading in another forum opinions on this MF, here`s what others are saying:

Just picked some up in Sam`s this week. They were on a isle end with household cleaning supplies
    Microtex is the name that Concordia is now using on the 14x14 WalMart towels that have been discussed here. They come in blue and white too.

Can you please check the label to see of it actually says Concordia as the manufacturer.
    They are definately Concordia. I bought 3 packs about 2 weeks ago from our local Sams. Great price for what these are. And yes JT Intl ultras do my paint work. These little ones do miscellaneous stuff which passes my sanity check.
    Only use those type of towels for cleaning wheels, interior, maybe windows, etc. I never use them for wax application or removal. They will scratch your paint.....and I know this from experience. They are not as soft or have as much quality as those from patrick, pakshak, DF, and other`s.

So....

Most opinions are never like one opinion. Glad they are good enough for you!:hippi

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dalmore
    JGV - Sam`s is one of the Walmart spin-offs. Walmart is notorious for telling a supplier that I`ll by 5 times what you can produce. Then after the supplier builds to produce that much, Walmart`s second order is at much lower price - take it or leave it. With no body else around big enough to place such a large order, Walmart generally gets what they ask for. Walmart also has a reputation of putting smaller competitors out of business by selling things at less than the smaller guy can buy them for.
    So much for the free economy then... :doh

This is why I don`t understand how people can even compare high quality products like those Dwayne sells with those bargains WM has...

Post Thanks / Like
    tried wal-mart towel 6.5 one
    it is the same crap like their smaller version just different feel.
    another thing, this towel lints very bad, take the towel and shake it really hard yuo will see how much lint going to come out.
    Cotsco towels are pretty good. I have a lot of them and like it.
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dimedrol,
    I saw the new towel today and almost bought one to try ... glad I didn`t.
    I didn`t like the smaller ones either ... too much lint (even after washing) and they left fine lines in my finish when trying to remove wax.
    I will stick with the ones from Dwayne ... I also just ordered a couple of the Mullet Wax Awesome Polishing Cloths ... can`t wait to see how they work.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

wow look at that shine! maximadave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been buying the MF towels at Costco and are impressed with them.
    -Dave
    SALES AND LEASING CONSULTANT @
    QUALITY NISSAN IN TEMECULA, CA
    (909) 676-6601

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles I saw that one and had to buy it :doh at first it seemed pretty good, but after taking it home playing with it and then washing it....dimedrol is right ...it`s the same as the smaller ones just a bigger...not very absorbant or dense...it was plush though:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Plush MF from wal-mart
    MF= More Fuzzies
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Detailing expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: Re: More MF at Wal*Mart

Originally posted by jgv
    So what you`re saying is that the towels you buy for $0.50 are better than those Dwayne (and others!) sell for $3-$5.00! Either Sams steals them so that they can make that price or Dwayne and others are stealing from his costumers!

I don`t believe that they are equal, less, that they are better. Either you can`t qualify them or are BSing us (or Dwayne and other sellers are stealing from everybody ).

P.S. I don`t know what Sams is, there`s no such thing in Portugal...
    my bad.....I meant the ones I got from detail king, not detail city.
    "If I can`t make it shine, it doesn`t shine." Gallop`s detailing waxes all competion."

Post Thanks / Like

I have the ones from WalMart

as well as Mullet Wax Awesome Polishing cloths - the Walmart ones curl up like apple peels when washed. They seem to catch any little crap in the area (i am constantly picking little bits of wood I have no idea where they come from!!) -

the Mullet Wax ones - awesome wash after wash !!
    You have activated my special ability....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information