Post Thanks / Like

Megs DC PC & PO as good as SSR2?

Hey ...

I`ve got alot of swirl marks on my car ... I had it buffed about 8 months ago, and unfortunately theyre all back - in the sunlight, there are endless `spiderwebs` whereever I look.

Anyway, I was going to prep the car - washing it, claying, and then using Megs DC Paint Cleaner and DC Polish - as I have these lying around.....

I`ve read about SSR1 and SSR2 and how theyre really good - especially with swirl mark removal.

My question is, would the two megs products have a similar effect (as the poorboys SSR2)?? Or are they not good at all with swirls??

Let me know .. is it worth just using those two?

Boss_429
    The DC paint cleaner might remove some very light swirls. The DC Polish may hide a few more, however the SSR1, and SSR2 will do a better job at removing them.

Don`t get me wrong, the Meguair`s DC products are decent products............. just not quite in the class of the SSR products.

Post Thanks / Like
    DC1 is a chemical cleaner - DC2 is very very close to Show Car Glaze but easier to remove -

PC applied your relying on the Pad abrasion to do the removal with DC1 - You would get rid of them with SSR2 - and then you could follow up with DC1, then DC2 -

SS2 and the meg`s Yellow pad are an awesome combo -
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    what about using SSR2 by hand, then dc1 & dc2????

i planned to use em all by hand..

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR then definatley if you want to get rid of them - hard to do by hand - you might want to consider 3M Swirl Mark Remover - it fills/removes and can be used by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like someone might have "hid" them, only for them to come back. I have tried both lines of products, and strongly recommend the Poorboy`s line for polishing.

Where are you located also?
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in Aus - why du ask?

No one here has even vaugely heard of Poorboys. I just wish they make the product look a bit more professional ... like I`m not questioning its ability - i know its good now - but ALOT of people I know wouldnt buy it and use it cause of its `amateur` packaging - it looks like some conconction a scientist made in his garage lab...I admit I had the same reservations until I read everything about it ...

My uncle for one would benefit so much from it ... he`s a meguiars man (LOVES his cars) - but there is no way will he try it when it looks like that though...

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a shame when folks are so effected by marking ploys, aka packaging, that the quality of the product is forgotten. Of course the labels on Poorboys stuff do suggest that they might be homemade and that is marketing too as I, for one, was made more interested in the product behind that idea that the product was invented in the garage by a chemist genius.

I don`t like big companies and would much rather spend my money with a little guy trying to make a living. I don`t want to pay for ad campaigns and marketing gurus and expensive labels etc. I`d rather give the same $$$ and let the little guy make his profit and pay for his kids college or something.

And, Poorboys products work better than anything else I"ve tried including UPP and Zaino and Klasse.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole idea of "Not a lot of money, but oh what a shine" carries through to the packaging. Fancy packaging and labels add cost. I know many people make a living off marketing and package design. However, in the world of car care products, the results are much more important than the package.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s actaully pretty funny :lol - so paint thinner in a pretty package is better than PwC?

Results are what counts and PB`s got em in spades!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Jim and Scott P!!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information