The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Carpeted floor mat & Meg`s APC+

After tracking mud and rocks into the van for a couple of weeks, I finally got around to cleaning the interior today.
    The drivers carpeted floor mat was so bad I decided to scrub it with a Dawn and water solution.
    That was somewhat of a mistake. It cleaned the mat up quite well, but when it dried, the carpet fibers were very dry and stiff feeling. When I felt it to be sure it was dry, it was one of those Uh-Oh moments.
    Since I have not had that experience when I used Meg`s APC+ when cleaning carpet previously, I figured I had nothing to lose by using the APC+ on the clean mat.
    Good move. The APC+ must really have some fabric softeners in it as the mat is no longer hard and stiff feeling. I guess the Dawn is back to the dish and window duties again.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had that happen to me before too...Anyone have any tips on how to really scrub the mats but still have them dry soft? When mats are really bad, I typically scrub them with a strong cleaner to loosen the dirt, then I rinse them with the hose until the water that is dripping out is no longer brown. I then vacuum the mat with a wet/dry vac. This gets about 80 percent of the water out. The mat is left damp and will dry in a couple hours in the sun. But many times, I have had it try stiff, similarly to what CharlesW is describing. Any ideas on how to avoid this in the future?

-Charles
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Thread Information