Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two-Coat Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Question Two-Coat Wax

For my two layer wax, I use Detail King`s waxes and compounds.

For my first layer I use the Clear & Glossy, which brings out the shine in the car. But I find it to be a pain to get off, easy on...hard as hell to get off and doesn`t leave any protection. Just gives it a shine.

Then I finish with a second coat of the STS 2000. This give max protection for 9 - 12 months. Goes on nice, stubborn to get off too. But it leaves the car with a deep wet shine and leaves the car with max protection.

I guess the point of my story is...Is there any products out there that will bring out the shine and give maximum protection. I sell a two layer wax job with a complete detail, what else could I do?

For my express details I use one layer wax, Meguiar`s Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax. Its easy on, easy off, and brings out a deep shine. But protection is only 3 months. I sell the STS 2000 for more money and my customers really like to hear that their car will be protected for more than 3 months.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off, 3 to 6 months is pretty good durability for most waxes and sealants that are exposed to the elements and washed regularly.
    For an easy 2 step on finishes that aren`t covered with swirls, Klasse AIO and Platinum UPP do a great job on my personal vehicles. Both products are easy on, easy off. The UPP should dry for 45 minutes before removal which might be a problem for a professional detailer. I guess you could do the interior while it is drying, though.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find these products? And why does UPP take so long to dry?

I really enjoy using Meguir`s and Turtle Wax`s products. Could you recommend anything within their product line. Or should I venture out into another brand`s product line.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Products?

Check out the Poorboy`s polish and sealant on the Premium Auto Care site. The site link is in blue on the main forum index page, under the detailing heading.
    All of his products are supposed to be able to be used in the sun, which could be pretty important to a Pro. I use his Spray & Wipe and would recommend it to anyone.

Charles

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy`s is off the hizzle fo shizzle mah nizzle.

Sorry, im watching one of those black comedy shows on TV
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Boss_429
    Originally posted by rogden21
    Where can I find these products? And why does UPP take so long to dry?

I really enjoy using Meguir`s and Turtle Wax`s products. Could you recommend anything within their product line. Or should I venture out into another brand`s product line.
    rogden21,

First, if you found a way to get 3 months protection out of Gold Class, I`d stick with it. I`ve found the shine with Gold Class to disappear after 2 or 3 washings, and I suspect the protection not long after that.

As for UPP taking a while to dry....................... I believe there are very few solvents in UPP to aid in the drying. Therefore, the product has to air dry. Zaino is another product that works the same way.

As for products, you could continue using the Meguiar products, however, I would switch to their professional line with products like their Cuts, DACP, #9, #7, and #26. IMHO, the #26 is far more durable than the Gold Class, and the #26 leaves a great shine.

The Poorboy`s line would be a great choice for a detailer, especially if you buy his products in bulk. All his products, including polishes, apply and remove extremely easy, and perform as advertised.

Post Thanks / Like
    But those products are so expensive as opposed to Detail Kings prices, but I guess its worth it if it saves time, protects, and leaves a deep shine my customers want to see.

Have you ever tried Detail King`s products?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use Poorboys polish with carnuba and then you could finish with his sealant. I`d bet the you will get the same results and they go on and off with hardly any effort.

This was my car on Sunday after the above process. I did not have Poorboys sealant but used Ultra coat sealant
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet ride with shine.

Do you use a clay bar before you polish and seal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rodgen

This is a low mileage car over 3 years old with only 23K. I have clayed the car but not in the last 4 months or so.

Later that day I had it parked on a side street and someone sat on the hood which it now has some small dents no breaks in the paint. So I have a guy coming later this week to take them out, costing me $250.00

that sucks big time.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Rodgen

This is a low mileage car over 3 years old with only 23K. I have clayed the car but not in the last 4 months or so.

Later that day I had it parked on a side street and someone sat on the hood which it now has some small dents no breaks in the paint. So I have a guy coming later this week to take them out, costing me $250.00

that sucks big time.
    That "somebody" would be severely beaten!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    The shotgun is in exitence for a reason.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks Dave

I looked at Detail Kings stuff, but never heard rave reviews about it.

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Their Bug Off and their Citrus Cleaner work very well, but so far, I haven`t been too impressed with the polishes.

For my next investment I might go along with the Platinium Series. But polish would you recommend for a white car. One of my customers has a white lamborghini.

Boss_429
    I would try Poorboy`s Pro Polish on the white, and top it with UPP! I think the light colors looks best with a optically clear sealant like UPP, or Zaino.

Just my opinion though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information