Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Comments on Autopia from our new member Dirt Doctor about DC

This is something Dirt Doctor should have posted here in first place, he decided to question DC elsewhere, like if people haven`t treated him right here

jeeper
    maybe not on this site so far. i have noticed, just from a couple of days, though, on dc, that there are a few guys who seem to stick together and promo the same few high end products. in fact, they will bash the professional bulk products and promote some of the everlyprice on-line ones of there sponsors. also, the sponsors of this site seem to be the moderators, and the ones postingmost of the threads, therefor leading newbies down their own path. maybe i am wrong. here is a test go there and tell them you buy stuff from walmart only and are completely satified and someone will give you a reply and tell you to only buy from this group. this is an observation that i have made from only being a member for 2.5 days. if these forums are un-biased, why dont we see the big names that most proffessional detailers use. trust me, if a pro uses it there is a reason. they never mention proffessional products. by saying all this i will probably get banned from these sites.anyways, im not ever going to risk screwing up my carma for a buck. stay honest, be grateful, do a good job and rewards will always come your way.
    dd

here`s the link to his thread on Autopia
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    :nono
    enough said...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Dwayne is going to hit `that button.`

Hehehe.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I typed a long comment regarding this situation, then deleted it.

Like who cares???
    If the man isn`t happy here, maybe he should find a forum where he can be happy.
    If he thinks he can learn/contribute here, good.
    If he just wants to start an argument, ignore him.
    Either way, DC will be fine and he will be fine.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I could have let it alone as well, but I like when people want to know something about me that they ask me, not my neighbor. I`ve read his posts here and nothing indicated he wasn`t fine, so why did he go elsewhere to question this site? And so, making suggestions to other members there to try and come check themselves...
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys know if i have something to say i will. and i must say that i do not use any products that our sponsors sell. i use p&s products . p&s is based on the west coast and sells to auto dealers and detail shops . i never plug they`re products for them . they are doing just fine without my help! but ive never felt any negative vibes from anyone here for naming the products i use . i bought a p.c. from p.a.c. last week and i did so because the price was right and others shared good experiences with us on this forum . ive spoken to steve at poorboys and picked his brain on his opinion on buffers and different products and how to best use them . this is why i would consider trying theyre products in the future .these guys wouldnt last a week on the money they make selling a bottle here and there to the members on this forum . im grateful they take the time and effort to provide this forum. im a much better detailer because of it . go to a detail shop and ask for some pointers sometime . they will laugh you out the door. im out
    back in buisness baby

RESIDENT PROCRASTINATOR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well i enjoy this site and the people in it. I have used and will continue to use products from this sites sponsors. Especially STeve at Poorboys. I have used and will continue to use the big named pro stuff. However, not much anymore . sorry i couldn`t resist. I just don`t understand how someone could be upset because people recommend a certain product or company. I you don`t like it don`t buy it. Probably 90 percent of the final result of a detail is all about the prep work and not really about the product used anyway. I try to support businesses that are run by decent people not just car care products. I buy my fish hobby supplies at a local place that charges more but they are knowledgable and friendly and can actually remember my name. I buy my gas from a local place for the same reasons. I guess that about all for my rant. what were we talking about anyway:chill :LOLOL
    Even on the highest throne in the world, we are still sitting on our ass.
    Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)

The mullet has struck again! I be banned!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is the situation. i see a bunch of guys who are so obsested with this site that they have lost track of what the whole goal/ intent of this site is. do i need to spell it out?....i guess my question has been answered, damn. the sensitivity level in here is quite high. oh well, what can i say. i don`t know about qew, i suck. i dont use your rebottled stuff, i suck. i dont detail my shoes with tire shine, i suck. i dont use a little green machine to shampoo carpets, i suck. and yes once again, i am much too lazy to use correct grammer. sorry you guys took such offence to what i asked. i still think the questions i asked were valid. and if you have to bash on me go for it. guess what guys? i will still pass by a mirror and smile. (This guy must have a mullet if he smiles when he walks by the mirror.) i will still look to the sky and say thanks. i will sleep well tonight. and tomorow i will wake up and kick ass all day, then rush to bar order a beer, and descreitly cont my money! i`ll probably buy a round for the bar as usual, if you want a beer be there .
    out

(I`m just wondering where he is going to find a bar that is going to fit that huge ego of his.)

Post Thanks / Like
    why do you think im unhappy? i think this and the other site is awesome. maybe its the way i come across.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first post seems even more appropriate.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. (I think I have formed mine)
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Like who cares???
    If the man isn`t happy here, maybe he should find a forum where he can be happy.
    If he thinks he can learn/contribute here, good.
    If he just wants to start an argument, ignore him.
    Either way, DC will be fine and he will be fine.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dirt doctor
    why do you think im unhappy? i think this and the other site is awesome. maybe its the way i come across.
    :yeah
    You really come across as a bitter, angry person in the posts since you took your shots at forums that don`t seem to meet your expectations. :dunno Earlier, you were just another person, then it seemed you had a pretty extreme personality change.
    Anyway, I`m done.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    i asked a simple question that has gotten everyone in a tissy? i wasn`t making accusations. i was honestly wondering if this was some sort of scam tool to get people to buy products.as far as being bitter , i`m cool as a fan. i cant even think of a reason that i would be bitter, except for the comments reguarding my grammar. but i was the one who briought that up, when i appoligized for my mistakes and misspelled words. i sincerely appoligize if i pissed anyone off.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is the situation. i see a bunch of guys who are so obsested with this site that they have lost track of what the whole goal/ intent of this site is.

Not that I`m answering for Dwayne, who owns this site, but when did you decide on what this site is all about? We are a detailing and fun site...if you don`t like us then don`t open this site...pretty simple:doh

do i need to spell it out?....i guess my question has been answered, damn. the sensitivity level in here is quite high. oh well, what can i say. i don`t know about qew, i suck. i dont use your rebottled stuff, i suck. i dont detail my shoes with tire shine, i suck. i dont use a little green machine to shampoo carpets, i suck. and yes once again, i am much too lazy to use correct grammer. sorry you guys took such offence to what i asked.

obviously you have a problem with sucking:dunno I haven`t seen anyone attack you here or jamb anything down your throat....there`s also no rebottled stuff on this site despite your ever knowing judgement...offense is taken when you bring these comments to other boards which happens to have many of the same members on both:doh

i still think the questions i asked were valid.

NOT...those are not questions, they are judgements of yours

and if you have to bash on me go for it.

Bash you ...what for:dunno as Charles said, "Who Cares"

just a couple other points....

1) Four Star Products sells to mostly body shops and professional detailers
    2) Dwayne who own DC work for Four Star
    3) Dwayne and The Fuzz are the moderators
    4) I do have moderator privledges on my own forum only
    (ps as a sponsor I pay for it)
    5) If you`re a real detailer (:nono) you know that all companies have shop pricing
    6) If you really knew our site and members ...this thread wouldn`t be needed:hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I wsee it is we are a bunch of guys who enjoy detailing and enjoy the products we use. We come here to have civil conversationa about detailing and products we use. Thats all. Dwayne runs the board but I buy from Steve. Fuzz is a moderator and I have never bought his products. Does this mean I am no longer welcome here? No! Lets not forget the reason we are all here: to have fun and share!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dirt Doctor (Robert), do you have any idea about what reputation you are building for your business. I’m sure if I was a person looking for a detailer in Tampa, I would never contact you. Not only did you bash the opinions given to you by experienced enthusiasts, you bashed DC, Autopia, and paying sponsors. You have openly criticized a place and people you do not know. That`s pretty disrespectful. You have been reading the forums 2 days!! That is nowhere near enough time to formulate an opinion about a place, especially when every basic question you have asked was answered with kindness and courtesy. Not every person here is a professional, therefore not needing 5 gallon detailing supplies. Also, all the products mentioned to you are excellent products. Take that as a sales pitch, but I have no affiliation with any company. I`m 18 and in college, but I detail as a hobby.
    Last edited by jstn; 03-28-2004 at 07:30 PM.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information