Post Thanks / Like

Product Questions

Seems like the questions never stop in DC!

Basically i want to know your guys` experience and thoughts on a few products that i have been considering to buy.

#1 As far as swirl/scratch removers go i have seen Meg`s DACP been recommended over and over, is this Meg`s top of the line product for these kind of problem issues?

#2 In regards to the question above, have any of you tried meg`S Medallion paint cleaner? If so, are the results better than the DACP, what about Meg`s #9? How do these 3 products (Meg`s Medallion apint cleaner, DACP and Swirl remover) compare to others on the market?

To me it seems like these Detailing products companies have so many different options that it gets too confusing and often overwhelming. It also seems like some products and their uses get redundant and begin to overlap.

Continuing with the questions.

#3 As far as premium grade polishes/waxes go, what are the best of the best?

#4 Ive read great things about P21S, however, ive been told that S100 is equally as good but costs 2-3 times less.....your thoughs?

I dont know....there are just SO many companies oferring SO many different products, and it seems like EVERYONE has their own preference and their own thoughts on each.

Maybe you guys can break down your answers based on a specific company and/or brand, and proceed by explaing the advantages/disadvanatages.

*sigh* I know this is a long list of things to answer, and low % of user feedback on these forums i dont expect many to answer.

So i thank all of you who WILL answer very much!
    I appreciate those people who both READ and REPLY to threads on DC!

:cool
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I will take a stab at answering your questions -

Meguiar`s is a high quality company with a HUGE lineup of products. Some were designed decades ago for paints of their respective eras. Others are more suitable for modern clear coat automotive finishes. MPPC, DACP, and #9 are very different products. MPPC is very good for removing oxidation and other environmental contaminants. DACP is designed to be used with dual action machine polishers. It is an abrasive product which is capable of removing or reducing moderate surface imperfections. #9 is a light swirl remover used for correcting minor marring. I don`t consider any of these to be substitutes for one another. They have different functions.

As I just mentioned in another thread, there is no "best" product. Products that fit your situation will differ depending upon the following types of variables -
    - condition of vehicle
    - color
    - type of paint (OEM or aftermarket)
    - environmental conditions
    - parking indoors/outdoors
    - amount of time and money you are willing to expend
    - appearance goals

I have not personally tried P21S, but I regularly use S100 and find it to be an excellent paste wax. I do not recall ever seeing anyone else remark that they had tried both products in a head to head comparison and noticed any specific differences in appearance.

As for my personal preferences, I look for the following characteristics in detailing products -
    - easy to apply and remove
    - doesn`t excessively stain black trim
    - reasonable durability
    - flexible application process (by hand or machine)
    - ability to be used in conjunction with other manufacturers` products
    - no unpleasant chemical fumes
    - makes light colors and metallic paints sparkle
    - makes dark colors look very wet and deep

If I had to choose a single manufacturer`s product line to fit my specific needs, I would pick Poorboy`s World.

That`s my long-winded 2 cents. Hope this was helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    awd330: Your the man! Much appreciated for that reply
    -Mike

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i decided to call Meg`s (first company out of a line of 3 that i plan to call and discuss various products and Detailing techniques with) to learn more.

They were very helpful in answering my questions, helped me better understand how certain products are different from each other, and what their individual uses/roles are in the detailing process.

From what i hear on these forums, Steve from poorboy`s is a friendly and knowledgeable man, and with that said i think i`ll be contacting him soon too.

Woohoo!
    -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Meguiars has a GREAT customer service center that will help ya. You can reach Steve also on chats, but phoning him will be faster and more resourceful. I hear he can`t stop talking about products! haha :phone:

Talking to companies are better, as they will try to understand your situation and give you a solution.

If I had not talked to Steve or awd330 then I would probably have the Klasse Twins right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the P21S , S100 resolve. In speaking to autogeek, these products at one time were Identical and we are dealing with Marketing. Today, the s100 does have a flex agent in it which only allows the wax, once applied to "flex" in conjuction with the bike. NOW once this is applied on your car...should it get into a fender bender you can rest assured your wax willbe up for the task of looking good!

Bottom line: Same dang wax~...pay less (especially after the price hike) go S100! stand back, put on shades and "SMILE! you`re on Detailing Camera!" I have used both....Niether I nor a few other enthusiats critical eye could tell on panel split...Sorry no pics, this last year.....
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BaDm0theR
    awd330: Your the man! Much appreciated for that reply
    In fact, awd330 is a Lady
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jgv
    In fact, awd330 is a Lady
    :yeah

Post Thanks / Like
    My type of lady even

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies awd330, thx for the reply m`lady.

Its hard these days to tell guys from gals apart, especially on internet forums.

Hope no harm done.
    -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BaDm0theR
    My apologies awd330, thx for the reply m`lady.

Its hard these days to tell guys from gals apart, especially on internet forums.

Hope no harm done.
    Hey Mike! You`re welcome, and no offense taken. :beer

Thread Information