Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-29-2011

Default Wax on new car

Experts,

I have a 6 month old car which is usually parked in an indoor garage. I got the car professionally washed and waxed about a month ago. I heard about the Mothers 3 Step wax system - and want to try to do the job myself. The car paint is in good shape and there are no visible defects even under bright sunlight. I was wondering if I need to apply the pre-wax cleaner or can I simply wash and go to the Sealer & Glaze and then apply the wax? I have a AutoGlym car shampoo for washing. Also which was would be recommended - the pure carnauba liquid wax or paste wax or the FX Synwax?

Your help is much appreciated.... Thanks.
Old 06-29-2011
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Wax on new car

We'd still recommend using the Pre-Wax Cleaner. it will take off any old wax to allow a more uniform finish.

As far as paste or liquid; it's a matter of preference. I prefer paste because it's a better value. You can get 20+ applications from a can of paste versus 3 or so for the average liquid wax user.

And FX SynWax versus California Gold carnauba is a matter of preference as well. On my daily drivers, I like the synthetics because I can apply it to the entire vehicle before wiping it off; which saves time.

On toys, I prefer carnauba.

You can't go wrong with either.

Oh, and welcome to waxforum.
Old 07-03-2011

Another point to consider is ease of use. In this regards FX blows virtually all others away.

With either choice (carnauba or synthetic) try to apply as uniform and thin a coat as you can. Applying thick just wastes product and makes removal harder.
Old 07-03-2011

For me, Mothers Pre-wax Cleaner and FX Pre-Softened Paste wax.

Pre-wax Cleaner is easy to use, but work 1 panel at a time rather than doing the entire car at once and apply thinly.

FX synwax is very forgiving (both paste and liquid), even if applied a bit to thick its still very easy to remove. The liquid is even more effortless to remove. Even if left for a good amount of time, removing the haze left by the wax is still effortless to remove. FX spray wax is a good way to maintain the FX protection and look.

The FX synwax will make waxing really enjoyable, plus the bright shine it gives is nice too..
Closed Thread