Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pet Peeves

What are some of your biggest pet peeves (non-detailing related)? I`ll start with a couple of mine

1. Talking with software "tech support" people who know less about the product or technology than I do as an end user.

2. Closets, cabinets and dresser drawers left partially open (really drives me nuts).

3. Having mail order/web purchases charged to my card when they are back ordered.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Littering! People that are too stupid, selfish, lazy, crass, no class, to pick up after themselves.

2. Vague information. For instance: The Shop-Vac is a nice unit. Really? Which of the 20 models are you talking about? Or, the yellow foam pad works great. Is that a cutting, polishing, or finishing pad? Recently I read a post about a Meguiar`s "glazing" pad. What the heck is that? My SMR did a great job. OK, who made the SMR that did such a great job?
    I think you get the drift of what I mean.

Charles

Boss_429
    Natty,

Sounds like somebody "TICKED" you off today!

Anyhow, here are a FEW of mine (I have lots more).

1. People who don`t put shopping carts back where they belong (I`m tired of "guarding" my truck everytime I take the wife to the store).

2. People who "are NOT handicapped" that park in handicapped parking spaces! (I really hate these people, and tell them so every time I get the chance!)

3. People who drive around the "GYM/Health Center" parking lot, looking for a place to park as close to the building as possible!

4. People who have 10 items, that get into the "5 items or less" line in a store!

5. People that use a credit card, or check in the "Cash only aisle"!

I could go on and on and on!

Thanks Natty................... now you got me fired up thinking about all these wonderful people!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Sounds like somebody "TICKED" you off today!

How`d ya guess Boss. LOL

Spent 2 hours on the phone with an "advanced" tech support person (mostly listening to music while he "researched" the problem). This was on a production system on which we spent over 100 grand on software and support services. I got so frustrated I hung up on the guy and eventually managed to work my way through the issue and got the system back up and running. Received a call back from the guy the NEXT DAY asking how I made out. When I told him I took care of it he asked me to explain the steps I took so he could put it in his database. I agreed only if he paid me 100 grand for support services.

If that was their advanced tech support I shudder to think what their standard tech support is like.

Ah, I guess I shouldn`t complain. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me employed.

Natty
    Natty

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok you`ve covered most of mine but this really ticked me off...Boss you can appreciate this one....

I`m going into a BJ`s and I park way out there...I`m walking toward the entrance and there in a handi-cap spot is this gorgeous Black Supercrew with Bose wheels...as I get closer a huge guy 6`8" about 400+ is pushing a cart in my direction coming out of the store...he stops in front on the tailgate ..looks in all directions the nopen his tailgate and starts putting away is stuff..
    I he wasn`t sooo huge I would have said "you fat F#@#$$#@
    pig couldn`t you walk a few more feet...." What a waste of a person for such a nice truck...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this type of thread

1 People that drive well under the speed limit in the fast lane and look at you like your running them off the road when you pass on the left.

2 People that leave their turn indicators on for miles.

3 Getting a cancellation on a detail job when you go to up pickup the car (happened this morning)

4 Not tonight honey I have a head ache...sorry had to put that one in...LOL
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. people who complain about everything.... Man i hate that with a passion...... J/K

2. Seriously now people who can`t understand where others are comming from or neglect to ever imagine that someone has a good reason for doing something that is seemingly stupid.

3. People who just don`t care about anything.

4. Dishonesty.

5. lots of other stuff.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh I forgot my favorite...

people who answer the phone and then tell you they have no time to talk....

...the answering machine..a true revolution
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    oh I forgot my favorite...

people who answer the phone and then tell you they have no time to talk....

Dont ya hate that!
    Natty

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate it even more when I call people and they never even say hello! You know they answered the phone. So then you end up aking hello? to see if they are even there. That drives me nuts.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    I hate it even more when I call people and they never even say hello! You know they answered the phone. So then you end up aking hello? to see if they are even there. That drives me nuts.
    LOL I do that all the time. It really bugs the tele-marketers. It`s what happens when they call you and you answer the phone and they don`t respond until their computer says someone is there. Just seemed like turn about was fair play. Its kind of fun to hear them going hello?, hello?, hello?, instead of me.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to hate telemarketers until I decided to have fun with them and sharpen my telephone skills.

Now I look forward to their call and instead of them trying to sell me something I try to get an order out of them! LOL

I have come close but still no luck yet but it sure is fun.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by admin
    I used to hate telemarketers
    When my son was between jobs, he tried the telemarketer thing. He lasted only 1 day and told them he just wasn`t able to handle it. Their obnoxious persistence is required by many/most companies. He even had a supervisor prompting him on what to say to offset the called parties resistance. It takes a different type of person to be able to handle it.

Charles

Canceled his member by request
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all above pet-peeves.

My most irritating pet-peeves is watching people rushing to the shoreline to save a beached whale and spend all this money to get this wounded animal back out to sea. The media loves these kind of stories. But these same people will ignore "beached" human beings we see every day.

I guess the media rarely covers the kindness towards our fellow man.
    Love shiney swirl-free appearing black cars!

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Z28,
    That was pretty deep. I`ve actually never heard it explained that way. The only thing I would say to that is the whale didn`t start using drugs and crime to ruin it`s life. So some beached humans maybe should be ignored.
    Sorry, maybe it`s worse in Los Angeles, but this makes me think of a pet peeve - beggers. Here they come up and keep asking and asking for money, I`ve had to push them away before. Hey I work for my money, they can go start detailing some cars!!!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information