The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Towels, MF and cotton

Recently, I read a post on another site talking about how to wash really grungy MF and cotton towels. I don`t have really grungy towels unless I get into some tar or grease by accident. It seems like if you washed the car, it should be clean so your towels shouldn`t get dirty. If they do, you didn`t do a very good job of washing the car, right?
    Same way with wax and polish removal. If your towel is loaded with the product you are removing, you need to change towels.

Any thoughts on this?

Charles

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well when you clean areas like door jambs, under hood and decklids the towels will get grungy...especially when doing older vehicles.

As for towels loading up with polish or wax...depends on the products. Meg`s #26 will load up a 16x16 mf towel after two or three panels but when buffing off UPP I`ll only need one 16x16 mf for an average size car. CHerry Wet Wax is another that seems to load up towels with dust.

BTW...welcome back Charles! We missed ya `round here. Hope you had a great time on vaca, all rested and ready to detail!!!!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    Well when you clean areas like door jambs, under hood and decklids the towels will get grungy...especially when doing older vehicles.

As for towels loading up with polish or wax...depends on the products. Meg`s #26 will load up a 16x16 mf towel after two or three panels but when buffing off UPP I`ll only need one 16x16 mf for an average size car. CHerry Wet Wax is another that seems to load up towels with dust.

BTW...welcome back Charles! We missed ya `round here. Hope you had a great time on vaca, all rested and ready to detail!!!!

Natty
    Good to be back. Had a great time on vacation, no rest and wouldn`t have it any other way. The van had 11 days of rain, crushed rock roads, tree sap, bird crap, the whole bit. It is now clean on the outside, today the interior.

Door jambs, underhood and decklids do get regular attention on my vehicles, but I think the key here is that they are given regular cleaning and it really isn`t a major chore. I tend to forget that many of the vehicles you guys run into may not have even been washed for months, let alone cleaned.
    Since I use AIO, UPP, and S100, the towels loading up with wax isn`t a problem either.
    I never realized I had it so easy. I like easy!

Charles

Thread Information