Post Thanks / Like

speed glaze is new DACP

Hey ...

I just e-mailed Meg`s here in Aus, asking where I could locate DACP..... Someone replied and told me "Andrew, you won`t find by name, Dual Action / cleaner
    polish .It`s now slightly improved & called SPEED GLAZE (M 8032 ) & used in the same application method.".

Is this true??? Would speed glaze work JUST like DACP in removing swirls??

I was going to use DACP mainly to remove most of my swirls/webbing .. more than for its polishing qualities ...

I feel speed glaze is exactly that.....after I then apply AIO down the track (after #9 etc.), it will strip alot of the shine - would this happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    No...Speed Glaze is somewhere between DACP and SFP on the abrasiveness scale.

From what I understand, Speed Glaze leaves behind polymer protection which would work well with Klasse products. I find on lighter colors, i don`t even need SFP/#9. I`m a big fan of Speed Glaze...it`s good stuff and easy to remove.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless Meguiar`s has changed Speed Glaze and DACP over the last year, then ChrisY nailed it. I think either Clean Dean or OntheSpot use SPeed Glaze in their biz so maybe one of them will chime in also.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    So it wouldnt make sense to use speed glaze before anything else, cause it has the polymer protection?? I planned to use UPP anyway.,...

I was originally going to DACP..#9..AIO...UPPx3

Whats the best megs product then for removing the swirls/webbing but that has more bit than #9??

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by aheyn
    So it wouldnt make sense to use speed glaze before anything else, cause it has the polymer protection?? I planned to use UPP anyway.,...

I was originally going to DACP..#9..AIO...UPPx3

Whats the best megs product then for removing the swirls/webbing but that has more bit than #9??
    Speed Glaze would most likely fit perfectly in with your needs as it does have a bit more oomph than #9 and is very user friendly. Plus since Speed Glaze leaves behind a bit of Meguiars "paintable polymer" protection it would probably make a very nice base for UPP.

Speed Glaze = a bit more bite than #9 but not quite as much as DACP which sounds like what your looking for. Remember, always start with the lesser abrasive products/pads and work your way up the scale until you get the results you want. No need to take a sledgehammer to drive a 1 1/2" finishing nail.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Thread Information