Post Thanks / Like

Arrow plastic bumper dings repair

Goodafternoon all, i was just outside inspecting my car finish, and noticed two small dings on the fron plastic bumper.......about 3/16 inch and although i dont see how those could be taken care of, im taking a chance asking if there s a simple way of puling them out ?

As i said i dont see how i could do that, but who knows maybe someone has heard or found a way to do it..................they re not deep at all.........just enough to be seen on an angle.

Thanks

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    by ding to you mean dent or chip?
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hey Koop

I mean a dent, but being realistic, i guess those cannot be removed the same they can on sheet metal, so i guess the only way for me to get rid of those two 3/16 screw marks would be to take it to a bodyshop and have it sand, puttied, and repainted ............it wouldnt be that expensive, yet i wonder since it doesnt show much, if i should live with it, or have it done.

I wonder if that spot once re painted would have a tendency to fade in color after some time, or if would just not show at all that there were a repair on the front plastic bumper(black one that is).

They re not deep dents, but just enough to be annoying though.......again someone who didnt care ta all, had to slightly bump into my ride, dang !!

It seems that the more you work on your car to make it look like new, the more people are attracted to dent, scratch, scuff.

Sorry for the ranting, but boy is that true quite often to see people attracted to nice cars like magnets.

Once i was at a fair, and at a distance i could see that guy leaned against my car(a black car on top of it), i went to him and guess what, the guy had those pants with snaps, and he didnt seem to mind rubbing them against my fender, i told him he could damage the paint, but he answered : come on dude, it`s just a car......then i went mad as hell and told him, it might just be a car as you say but who`s paying for it ? After that he was obviously speechless, and eventually left, but he never seemed to understand why i was so upset, and that`s that part that sickens me the most, if he at least said to himself that some people like their cars like the apple of their eyes, and respect that........but no, he just could careless.

Anyway, sorry for such rambling and ranting, i guess its cause i saw too many nice looking chicks going to Canadian tire on this sunday morning, and this triggered this urge to yap

Later all

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can try pulling out a heat gun and pushing them out a little from the back. Just don`t go overboard becuase you can further warp the bumper. If you do go to a body shop and are worried about faiding just have them r&i the bumper and paint the whole thing. That way there would be no blend at all. If the shop is good though you would never notice anyways.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Thread Information