Post Thanks / Like

Whats the deal with Zymol?

A friend of mine was saying that they bought some Zymol at the store the other day and went on with the story how they got great results ect!

I know from my experience that I wasn`t very impressed with it and found it to be very difficult to remove and very dusty. In any even I had a few mins last night so I thought I would check out there website. With that said ....What makes ROYALE TWIN GLAZE worth 5,570.00...for that kind of money there are a few other services it had better be preforming. It should also be coming with a hot tall blond who takes care of you after every aplication!

Seriously my jaw dropped. Is it made out of gold? Diamonds? Maybe Platinum?

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lifetime free refills could have something to do with the price. I`m sure if you used it enough then you could justify it as a business expense. How much would it cost you to go through 8 or 9 jars of Souveran per year? I`ll bet for some people it is a bargin to pay 5 grand for a bottomless jar of Zymol. For those of us who don`t want to bind ourselves to one product for the rest of our lives, it seems a little ridiculous to do something like that. paint care could be totally different in the next 10 years. Why be stuck with something that doesn`t even work on modern paints in the future? I like running out of stuff so I can try new stuff.

Besides... you would think that if you paid 5 grand for a jar of wax then they could at least tell you that it will make you smooth with the ladies. :naughty They can`t even advertise that! What good is it, I say? Stick with what gets chicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    rich people like to massage their egos.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw that I thought I was seeing things... I rubbed my eyes and took another look and it didn`t change!

Ok...so lets just say ...Yes its a life time supply of auto wax! ok so now what ..even for a detailing business thats a pretty big investment to be making! When we are talking about 1 product!

Also being serius about this ... Is there stuff truely worth it? I was reading that one of the waxes (1300.00+) they instruct you to appyly it by hand letting the wax warm up and melt in your hand first! So with that said are the results from their far superior to any others? (Even there regular products are quite expensive!

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to apply it by hand because some of the Zymol waxes have a really high carnauba content in them that needs to be warmed before it can go on the car smoothly. While there are certianly smoother products out there, applying wax with your bare hands is an interesting experience. I still don`t think it is worth it. I`ve read a lot of reviews on this stuff and most people say that it isn`t any better than any other high end wax that they have used. It may blow the doors off of the Armor All wax that they were comparing it to, but I haven`t seen an edge in appearance to the likes of Souveran or even S100. In fact, any of the recently developed sealants look better than Zymol. All Zymol is going to do is look wet and deep. Duh! That is the whole purpose of using oily greasy waxes. If I can get the same look with more protection and durability out of a sealant, then I`m going to do it. Zymol will never see a dime from any Fuzzard as long as I have anything to say about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol is one of those things, like an Enzo, that if you have to ask how much it is, you can`t afford it. But IMO Zymol is NOT the Ferrari of waxes, just using it to compare insane prices.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a jar of Zymol Vintage ($1500 a jar) and it is not better than S100 in my opinion. In fact, I have used it on several cars for testing purposes, but it is not something that I would use on my own car. It just doesn`t have the durability that I want. Maybe I haven`t used it on the right cars or something. Perhaps if you have a $250,000 car then the Zymol looks better. For me and my uses I will stick with waxes that are more economical. I like to say that I have Zymol Vintage, but if anyone asks then I give them my real opinion about it. I don`t use it anymore because I just don`t find it useful or valuable for my business.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow........................ are you for real? 1500 a jar!?>!?!!?! and i thought souvern was expensive....
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

R.M. Automotive Detailing f1guy68's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a jar of Zymol!

It`s the Concours brand! Cost about $200 CDN!

I bought it as my customer requested that I use it on his Lexus, because his friend has it on his car, and we know the "well to do" have to have the same, if not better than the next guy...lol

Anyway, I have only used it on one other car, and am going to use it only on the Lexus!

I found it pretty nice to work with, and heck...my hands smelled wonderful for days!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.M. Automotive Detailing

R.M. Automotive Detailing f1guy68's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the other car I used the Zymol on..just for fun!

Sorry for the blurry picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.M. Automotive Detailing

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately for me I didn`t have to pay for it. I was doing a lot of product tests on Autopia at the time and a guy in Florida sent me a jar of it. Its one of those lifetime refill deals, so he probably just sent the empty jar back to Zymol for a refill.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Thread Information