Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-06-2005

Default Thanks Mothers!

Well, I have finally tried out the Mother's CA Gold Cleaner Carnauba Wax. WOW! I will try to keep this short :-)

I had been using Turtle Wax Hard Shell Carnauba for years and had been happy. I then tried a can of their Ultra Gloss and was happy, but that did not seem to stay on the car very long.

Anyway, this spring I claybared my car for the first time (2003 white Pontiac Gand Prix), and used the Mother's Clay Bar Kit...hmmm... awesome product! I LOVE the detail spray! So I started to buy the Showtime Instant Detail Spray.

Well, since I have found this forum, and with the great advice from Forrset and the others on here, I thought I would try out the Mother's wax.

So in the past 2 weeks, I have finally used the CA Gold Original Cleaner Carnauba Liquid Wax that comes with the claybar kit. I used my inlaw's cars as the guinea pigs :-) THe first is a mid 90's red Saturn and the other a mid 90's Cadillac - black. WOW! We are all so impressed with the Mother's wax! Both cars look NEW! The paint is soooo beutifull! I washed as normal, then used the mothers wax and then sprayed some Showtime on. WOW WOW !

Now this weekend I plan on waxing my Grand Prix (washed weekly, waxed monthly) with the CA Gold Original Carnauba Cleaner Wax - Paste version. I am very impressed with this product and support on here! I had been in email contact with Turtle Wax people with questions on their products and also been in contact with Forrest here on the Mother's products, and the support from Mother's is AWESOME - you get a detailed answer, with information to backup that answer and it is answered in a very timely fashion! The Turtle Wax folks take days to email you back, then there usual answer was "yes, that is what you want to use" or "yes use the Ultra Gloss because it is better because it is newer".

So to sum up my version of "War and Piece", I will now only use Mother's products.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005

Default Re: Thanks Mothers!

Good to hear. The Cleaner-wax is a very good product. I always keep a bottle around. It is very versatile.