Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Community - Off Topic

Community - Off Topic Something to talk about besides car care? Please discuss it here in this family-friendly forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 03-31-2009

Default Recommendations for online sources of car care products

Perhaps this isn't the best place to post this question, and admin should obviously feel free to relocate if necessary.

That said, in light of my recent (and clear) realization that much of the Mothers line.....as well as other quality products beyond the Mothers brand.....simply isn't available at local retail, I'm pretty much "forced" to break what's been a not-so-rigid personal rule of only buying car care products at local retail. With that in mind, I was looking for some recommendations as to good and reliable online sources.

I'm already familiar with Autogeek and Superior Car Care, as well as Griot's. And while I presume my fellow forumites are equally familiar with these sources, I was interested in others. Now, it's not as though these aren't "good enough" for me; it's just another example of always being on the hunt for alternatives (particularly from those where others have already enjoyed good purchase experiences).
Old 03-31-2009
Administrator

Default Re: Recommendations for online sources of car care products

We'll move this over to the Off-Topic.

But here's a list of e-Tailers...

http://www.mothers.com/06_buy/06_buy_01_internet.html

By the way, Amazon.com sells pretty much everything we make, and they also just started selling kits...

Mothers 04240 FX Kit - $27.95
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-04240-...dp/B001U3LZLO/

Mothers 04140 Reflections Kit - $49.95
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-04140-...dp/B001U3LZU0/

Mothers 04150 Hardcore Enthusiast Kit
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-04150-.../dp/B001U3LZPU

Mothers 04540 Power Kit - $82.95
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-04540-...dp/B001U3LZGO/
Old 03-31-2009

I have done business with AG (they sell mothers), Wax Station, and Detailers Dream. They have different pricing but all have great customer service.
Old 03-31-2009

In Bel Air, Maryland I found Mother's products to be cheaper at Pep Boys as opposed to Salvo Auto Parts. They also had a variety to choose from. I think they have an internet site.
Old 03-31-2009

I personally like Amazon, you can usually get "super free shipping", and of course, no sales tax.
Old 03-31-2009

Thanks. I am new at this. I'll check it out. Take care.
Old 03-31-2009

Wax Station (www.waxstation.com). They will take care of you. Prices are competive but service is great.
Old 04-03-2009

Thanks to all; however, I ended up placing an order with Wax Station last night for both Reflections Wax and Top Coat, CG Carnauba paste, and a couple bottles of glass cleaner.

I almost assuredly would have spent less money on Amazon, as the free shipping would have saved me almost $9.00......plus they had a screaming good number ($9.95) on Reflections wax. But, I was happy just the same to deal with a place that appears largely to be a Mothers-centered retailer with prices generally as good or better most.
Old 04-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuguy View Post
Thanks to all; however, I ended up placing an order with Wax Station last night for both Reflections Wax and Top Coat, CG Carnauba paste, and a couple bottles of glass cleaner.

I almost assuredly would have spent less money on Amazon, as the free shipping would have saved me almost $9.00......plus they had a screaming good number ($9.95) on Reflections wax. But, I was happy just the same to deal with a place that appears largely to be a Mothers-centered retailer with prices generally as good or better most.
These guys will take car of you. Shipping is usually quick, and the customer service is good. They usually give regular customers some goodies and a discount. Unfortunately the shipping is higher, but shipping prices have went up considerably with most retailers over the last 12 months or so.
Old 04-07-2009

My Reflections/Step 3/Glass Cleaner order from Wax Station arrived today; pretty much precisely when I would have expected it given the fact I ordered last Thursday night, and the fact I selected Ground freight.

I was quite pleasantly surprised in opening the package to both my order plus a 4 oz. sample/trial size each of CG Car Wash and Showtime (a size perfect for the glove box), plus a 16x16 MF glass towel.....evidently, a bonus for a >$35 purchase.....which I didn't realize applied. Plus they offer new customers an additional 5% discount for future orders.

I'm certain I'll place additional orders in the future for products not available locally; I'm just sorry they don't carry the Mothers Waffle Weave (I get the impression from the website they're more-or-less philosophically opposed to waffle weave-style drying towels)
Old 04-07-2009

I am glad David Willis is still providing the 4 oz samples. I like the 4 oz Protectant that I received in one order. He sells the 24oz size of Showtime...not everyone carries this.

I did wish he carried Mothers towels. That was why I ended up buying towels and some products from Detailer's Dream too.

I do not like standard waffles weaves that much -- they are completely different than the Mothers foam core version. They simply due not seem to absorb as much as even the thicker standard longer nap type (like the 20x24 Mothers towel) because there is just less fiber to absorb.
Old 04-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnot View Post
I am glad David Willis is still providing the 4 oz samples. I like the 4 oz Protectant that I received in one order. He sells the 24oz size of Showtime...not everyone carries this.

I did wish he carried Mothers towels. That was why I ended up buying towels and some products from Detailer's Dream too.

I do not like standard waffles weaves that much -- they are completely different than the Mothers foam core version. They simply due not seem to absorb as much as even the thicker standard longer nap type (like the 20x24 Mothers towel) because there is just less fiber to absorb.
I have a fair amount of Showtime on the shelf after picking up three new CG Clay Bar kits during Advance Auto Parts 25% off sale. However, I can see myself picking up that 24 ouncer when the time comes.

Speaking of CG Clay Bar.....after seeing mostly the new 2-bar kit (without the CC Wax sample) on local shelves back in the January/February timeframe, I seem to be all-of-a-sudden seeing the old kit (with the single clay bar and wax) at places like Pep Boys and at some Advance stores. Perhaps the warehouses are just trying to clear old inventories, but this is happening at the same time when I'm slowly beginning to see Brand M coming out with their own 2-bar clay kit.
Closed Thread