Post Thanks / Like

Stupid problem....

well, my mom`s mercedes is pretty nice becuse i detailed it an all, but now, more than ever im seeing a problem.... my cat named moose (weird name, his original name was musubi) keeps climbing on my car`s roof :angry, and its really annoying, beuase on days that it rains, i can actually see all of his paw prints. at first, he kept making our alarm go off at night, so we ended up just totally turning off the alarm. now this.. i think i never used to notice if before beause my car wasnt nearly as clean (or my cat just likes to hang out on the roofs of CLEAN/polished/waxed cars). anyways, its a stupid problem with i cant really fix, unless i keep my cat in the house, which is hard becuase he constantly nags me to go out, and doesnt let me sleep until he gets his way. anyways, heres the culprit... any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I got the same problem as you as well this past three weeks but I think it`s the neighbour`s cat(I called him stupid f**ker), It has been a bit of a pain as I find dirty paw prints on my hood , windscreen and roof :angry :angry. I just got back to my parents` home few hours ago and I was told "S.F." was on my roof again last night (I stayed out of town during most weekdays coz of work). I`m considering buying an axe or a bow and arrows!!!!

ps: I was at a friend`s place and her cat was on my newish beemer`s roof, I was shooing it away and guess what!! It quickly got up and ran away while not forgetting to claws a few scratches onto my roof. I haven`t got rid of those tiny scratches yet as I think the wax I`m using kinda filling them in and make em hardly visible. So DO NOT EVER chase em away if they r on your car, you`ll feel pretty sick when u found out what you`ve done
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this to train my cats to stay off and out of areas where I don`t want them. Get some carpet tape - the really sticky double sided stuff. put the tape on some newspaper . Expose the second side of the tape. Place the paper tape side up where you do not want your cat to go. Works like a charm. Once the cat steps on the tape and then gets "chased" by the paper - your problem will be over.

WORDS OF CAUTION: Carpet tape is really sticky - it might be a pain to remove from your car.

WORDS OF CAUTION 2: Moose will react violently and the claws will come out while Moose is still on your car. Scratches are very likely.

Cute cat by the way.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh I forgot to mention - sooner or later the cat is going to scratch the car. some loud unexpected noise while Moose is asleep and you will get scratches. Only a matter of time.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a car cover wold be in order, I know they are a pain ot put on and take off, but better than a cat marring
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Maybe a car cover wold be in order, I know they are a pain ot put on and take off, but better than a cat marring
    Speaking from experience the only thing that this will buy you is a more inviting place for the cat to sleep and a torn car cover. :wait
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Something you might try is spraying one of the "Pet Away" products on the ground around the car.
    This might retrain the cat (I know, not really possible) to sleep on the neighbors car. You might have to do this a few times, but it is worth a try.

The difference between a cat and a dog:
    A dog says, ". You pet me, you feed me, you give me shelter and you love me. You must be God"
    A cat says, "You pet me, you feed me, you give me shelter and you love me. I must be God"
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe she should buy a Street Ka?
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trade the cat in for a dog. That is as polite as I can put it for cat-lovers....I can recommend other "permanent" solutions....:beat
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t they climb up there for the warmth? I tell ya I got a million dollar idea put if I post it then I`m out of my idea
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace

The difference between a cat and a dog:
    A dog says, ". You pet me, you feed me, you give me shelter and you love me. You must be God"
    A cat says, "You pet me, you feed me, you give me shelter and you love me. I must be God"

omg, thats really, really good. thats exactly how my cat is. and the thing is, i have a cat AND a dog... anyways, im thinking maybe i can find something at the pet store. my cat hasnt scratches the car yet (from what i can see), but lets see what happens... im not too sure that my cat is gona fall for the thing with the tape, because hes pretty smart. he doesnt get stuck in those sticky little mouse trap things...
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Thread Information