Thread: EX-P over EX???

Post Thanks / Like

EX-P over EX???

Just a thought after applying the first coat of EX on Mahogany color, has anyone tried applying EX-P over EX? Would I still retain the depth on a dark color and would it make it shine more.

History so far on a three year old finish was clay, SSR2 with light cutting pad, SSR1 with polising pad, PwC with polishing pad and just now EX with finishing pad. All applied with PC.

Also, if EX-P over EX is doable, could it be applied with the PC. My preferred method over hand, anyday. Hand applied Natty`s to follow when done.

Any thoughts and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think someone is trying that right now actually, I think it would work just fine, after all the ex-p is ex just without the carnauba

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried that specific combo yet, but an educated guess would be that it should work. EX-P is an exceptionally clear product which preserves the preceding layer`s characteristics. I suppose there could be durability questions with using EX-P over a carnauba based product, but I`ve used it over PwC with no ill effects over a 3 month test period. I`ve also used EX-P over Vanilla Moose, Pro Polish, and SSR1 with no durability problems thus far (2 months and counting).

Thread Information