Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino Brothers Products..? Any Good?

Before I shell out the dead Presidents on this stuff I want some feedback from folks here. I have a black enamel finish on my show ride and I want to keep it looking fresh. I have tried numerous products and so far, these guys claim that they can give me what I want.
    Thanx!

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino gets a lot of hype but personally I don`t think that its worth it. I feel that it gives the car a sort of plasticy look and I`m just not a fan of that. Its just my perception of it and not necessarily what everybody thinks about it. It lasts a long time and some people really like it. On black I don`t think that using Zaino or Platinum or Klasse is going to make a difference. Black looks good no matter what is on it. You really can`t go wrong. If you had a white or red or something like that then you might want to get particular about products. Black is black and everything looks pretty much the same in my opinion.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to dissagre with my man fuzz but black is a hughe deal. You need something very clear. If what you use isn`t clear it will smudge your reflections and yellow your color. Zanio and UPP are IMO some of the best choices for black.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    `sokay Koop. We mullets are used to being disagreed with. I don`t have a black car so my experience with what makes them look the best is limited. I`ll defer to the opinions of the more experienced on this one, but I still feel that if you need 8 bottles of a product to get a job done then its too complicated. Give me my nice simple Platinum combo any day of the week.:headbang

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is a great sealant, and I will use it for exactly that.

However, if you want to bring out a black car, one word, Souveran.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Boss_429
    IMHO, Zaino is a fine product, and the new Zaino sounds like it`s even better than the stuff I`ve got. Having said that, If I had a black show car, I would get it polished to perfection, and then do one of the following:

3 coats of UPP, topped with P21S.

or

Meguiar`s Pro hand polish #81 or #7, followed by Souveran.

or

One Grands Omega Glaze, followed by P21S, or Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    If its for long-gevity on Black
    Zaino , UPP
    If it can be maintain regularly
    Machine Glaze, then Pinnacle Souvran

Souvran won;t last as long as Zaino or UPP
    but it looks great/fantastic on black..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx one and all!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a Zanio fan but have used the porduct and it works OK like the fuzz it has a plastic look to it.

I like the following on my black car and it looks wet more than anything, and better yet does not seem to attarct dust like some others have.

Poorboys Swril remover ( on a show car won`t need this step)
    Poorboys AIO POlish with Carnuba
    Poorboys EX

I have put on 2 coats and the second one really gave it the POP that I was looking for.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino

IMO, I feel that Zaino delivers that wet-look, and some may call it "plastic", but if the prep work has been done correctly, you just can`t beat Zaino for clarity! The nature of it makes it look as if your car just came out of a paint oven.

Here`s my SC430 with Zaino on it:

Regards,
    Deanski
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    If its a show ride and you want it perfect use a glaze like I.H.G., Meg #7, or Mothers Sealer and Glaze. You can always follow with wax like Meg #26, Mothers Pure, S100,Soverign,and Blitz.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can`t argue with Deanski after posting a pic like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    The plastic look that I see in Zaino doesn`t show up in the sunlight up close. Its usually when the car is at a distance in the shade that I see it. Its definitely got its good points to it though. I`d love to see three coats of Zaino next to three coats of UPP and then check the clarity.

Post Thanks / Like

"Plastic look"

The "Plastic Look" that people describe is due to poor prep work prior to Zaino. Most is left over oils/silicone and other is not using a really good fine polish to obtain the mirror shine you need prior to a sealant like Zaino.

Zaino "amplifies" whatever was left on the finish. If it`s not fully polished or oils and or silicone is left, it can lead to a haze under it giving a false look or "plastic" effect. The oils/silicone interact with Zaino as it tries to bond. That`s why it looks so "funky".

With the Lexus SC430, I used 3M PIII-MG with a polish pad. Following that, I used Glue-Zerna oh, sorry, Menzerna-FP with just a finish grey/black pad as I wanted the polish alone to burnish the finish to a high gloss. Once all polishing was done, I washed the finish with Dawn, followed by Z7 to remove any Dawn film. Then, a spray of distilled water/alcohol mix was used to further the finish by final removal of all oils left b y polishes. Wiped, then applied Z6 prior to a mix of ZFX/Z5 (even though polished, I felt it builds the level) up to 3 coats. Following that, 3 coats of ZFX/Z2. Z6 was used between each and every application.

As you can see from the pic, it was very glossy. Here is another:

All that`s needed, no matter if it`s Zaino or other sealants is a full polish/prep. If one does not have time for all this work, then stay with carnuba, as the oils/silicone act well with wax when it`s applied. It helps the wax "float" and help it migrate to the finish. Good results can be had with S100, Souveran, or other waxes.

Sealants are a bit more labor intensive if you want it done right. Skip the details, and you get that "funky, plastic" look.

Regards,
    Deanski
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I detailed my truck last week I had Zainos on it, Zainos only. My truck has a much better shine now that I redetailed it. I feel you can not beat a carnuba shine. Also Zainos Swirl Remover is crap, it didnt help at all. It takes to long to apply. It did have a nice shine and protection but when I detailed last week the shine was so much better. The Zainos was not on my truck very long also cause I didnt care for it and I could kinda see the plastic look.
    Elite Mobile Detailing - Formally SacMotorsports
    www.elitedetails.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information