97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

what makes you enjoy detailing

Just wanted to ask what makes you enjoy detailing and keeping your vehicle/s up? I cannot really answer this myself, but there`s just something about a clean/glossy vehicle. I mean it kind of makes me feel good especially in the winter when all you see is vehicle after vehicle with salt, and then comes mine driving down the road clean as a whistle. Ah... I mean it`s like a natural high!
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s addictive - I`m obsessed with it looking like it rolled of the showroom all the time -
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just one of those people who likes nice cars and enjoy taking care of them.
    I have always taken pride in taking something and making it look better than it ever has before.
    A craftsman is someone who is the best in their field at usually making something such as cabinets or furniture.
    I believe it takes a true craftsman using the right tools and the right products to bring a vehicle to its ultimate appearance. It takes time and effort to accomplish what very few can.
    I personally enjoy detailing and take pride in my finished product.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy it because clean cars get the ladies. :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always enjoyed cleaning up my cars, but since being on DC, I`ve learned that I knew very little about it all and have really grown a lot in my knowledge of detailing. I`ve found this to only add to the enjoyment I get from keeping the cars clean and much better protected now too.

But it`s something I can spend the day on and really be able to get into in such a way as to forget about work for awhile and just thoroughly become absorbed with. And when you`re done, you can step back and take some pride in your work and just really feel good about it all. This is good.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s absolute Zen. You get out there, just you and the car. I don`t want to talk to anybody. I just want to put myself in a virtual trance while I work. I find it extremely relaxing and end up with a beautiful car as a bonus.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 little words - "The end result" , addictive might be an understatement, more like obsessive haha
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Boss_429
    It takes my mind off work!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s like you`re an Artist and the Vehicle is your canvas. When you`re all done it is truly a piece of art that can be admired by many. As for myself I really get involved with being able to use my hands and my mind to bring out the beauty in something that I have a passion about ... that being automobiles. There is something very tranquil and pleasing about doing this and because most of us are passionate about it, it`s more play than work. It`s the only job I know that allows me to enjoy a beautiful day outdoors and spend hours doing it. There`s mowing the lawn but I said ... that I enjoy doing. I`ve always been very anal when it comes to paying attention to details and this fits me like a glove. I love it. IF I could just make $100k a year I`d quit working for corporate america all together.

If you don`t enjoy this then it is truly tedious work and you should reconsider detailing as an endeavor.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got the best looking truck in town and the finish is part of the reason it`s the best.

Poorboys products, knowledge gained from the site and my elbow grease have conspired to make the truck stand out like a diamond in a goats ass and good looking young women turn their heads to look. I`m so old I don`t remember why that`s a good thing but for some reason I like it.
    :rolling :dunno :bigscream
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My motto is look at my signature it tells it all :beer see below!!!!!!
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree with all the above comments. For me, I truly enjoy having an automobile that if only stock, people can look at it and say " damn thats a clean car". It truly does take my stress away. If I`m having a bad day, I go wash one of the cars. Not to say that this is often, being that they all get washed once a week, but if for some reason I feel a little on edge, washing the car makes me feel better.
    Then again, if I should be having a little disagreement with the wife and hers is the only car I can wash, she wins either way. And for this my friends and relatives call me obsessive, crazy, OCD, and somewhat wierd. Oh well, at the very least, my cars look incredible.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good responses people!!!
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    I like being able to read road signs in the reflection on my hood.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Thread Information