Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-19-2018

Default Another New Car paint finish question

I recently purchased a brand new car (2015 not used) and have a couple question about new paint finish care.

Yes, it does have a clear coat finish.

I've looked in many stores and am unable to find Mother's CG Micro-Polish Glaze (Step 2) or even step 1 for that matter. Do I really need to perform Step 1 or 2 before I wax with Mother's CG Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax? Or should I just use Mother's CG Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax if I'm unable to find/use the CG Micro-Polish Glaze?

In addition, if I were to locate Mother's CG Micro-Polish Glaze (Step 2) sometime down the road can I use it on a finish that has recently had the Mother's CG Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax or even just a coat or two of only Mother's CG Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax?

If these questions have been asked please post a link to that thread. Thank you very much.
Old 05-19-2018
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Another New Car paint finish question

You don’t list a city/state so I can’t be more exact, but Pep Boys stocks Step 1 Pure Polish and Step 2 Micro Polishing Glaze. And of course there’s always the internet.

Carnauba Cleaner Wax is a great one step product. If you do find Steps 1 and 2, keep in mind Step 1 Pure Polish will remove any wax on the paint surface.

If you purchased a new, but 3 year old car, the paint will likely need to be properly cleaned. A clay bar would be ideal for that. Then you can follow with your choice of either the 3 step or the one step cleaner wax.

And welcome to waxforum.
Closed Thread