Post Thanks / Like

QD+ over Natty`s Wax

If I apply QD+ over Natty`s Wax will I still get minimal dust attraction? It says it adds Carnuba, but doesn`t say which one?

As with Zaino, do I need to spray a detailer or enhancer between coats? Probably be going with the suggestion of SSR2/SSR1/EX/Natty`s. Or do I just go from one product to another? How many coats of EX are generally applied before the law of dimenishing returns? Is EX the only step that needs to sit overnight before applying the next coat?

Does anyone know if Zaino`s Z6 Gloss Enhancer would work over Natty`s? I still have 3 bottle left.

Sorry for so many questions. I`m just unfamiliar with Poorboy products.

P.S. I plan to apply all with PC. Any suggestions as to which (probably Edge) pads and what speed settings for each product?

Boss_429
    MaineMDX,

I`m not sure on you first question, as I don`t pay much attention to dust. However, most caranbua`s do seem to attract more dust than most (not all) sealants.

I would use a QD after the SSR2, and SSR1 to make sure all the residue is off the surface before you start applying a product. For the EX, and Natty`s, you don`t "have" to QD between layers, but it won`t hurt either.

Around 3 coats of EX is usually about the max.............. after that, I doubt you`ll see an improvement.

I would let the EX, or and/or Natty`s cure overnight, or 24 hours before adding anther coat of either one............ again, you don`t have too, but it gives you maximum benefit. If you let it sit overnight, I would QD between applications, just to make sure the surface is clean before applying anything.

You sure can use Z6 on Natty`s............ or any other product for that matter. It is an excellent QD for any product. I wouldn`t let those 3 bottles go to waste!

Not familar with the Edge pads, as I use Meguiar`s pads, but here are my recommendations.

I would use the Meguiar`s polishing pad (yellow) with the SSR2, with a speed setting of around 5.
    If the SSR2 gets most of the spider webs/swirls out, I would use the Meguiar` finishing pad (tan) on a speed setting of around 4.5 - 5 to finish off any remaining swirls, and add some gloss. You may find out that you don`t even need to use the SSR1, if you do the SSR2 correctly.

I would apply the EX, and Natty`s by hand. However, if you do decide to apply with PC, I would use the tan finishing pad, on a speed setting of around 2.5 - 3.

Remember, don`t use different products on the same pad, unless the pad has been thoroughly cleaned/dried first.

Hope this helps, and I`m sure others will be by with some equally good suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss_429,

Much appreciated for the info. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss is right - even a carnuba wax like Natty`s or Trade Secret needs to cure between coats (24 hours is what Trade Secret recommends between coats).
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: QD+ over Natty`s Wax

Originally posted by MaineMDX
    If I apply QD+ over Natty`s Wax will I still get minimal dust attraction? It says it adds Carnuba, but doesn`t say which one?
    QD+ is a great compliment to Natty Wax. Dust attraction isn`t a problem.

As with Zaino, do I need to spray a detailer or enhancer between coats? Probably be going with the suggestion of SSR2/SSR1/EX/Natty`s. Or do I just go from one product to another? How many coats of EX are generally applied before the law of dimenishing returns? Is EX the only step that needs to sit overnight before applying the next coat?
    I`ve never used a QD between layers of anything other than Zaino. You can go in that order without a problem. I do two to three coats of EX. I typically don`t allow for a curing time.

Does anyone know if Zaino`s Z6 Gloss Enhancer would work over Natty`s? I still have 3 bottle left.
    Z6 is a great QD spray. You can use it without any worries.

Sorry for so many questions. I`m just unfamiliar with Poorboy products.

P.S. I plan to apply all with PC. Any suggestions as to which (probably Edge) pads and what speed settings for each product?
    I use a yellow Lake Country Pad for SSR2 and a white pad for each SSR1 and PwC (which wasn`t on your list). I haven`t used any Edge pads, so I can`t offer any advice there. I use SSR2 at speed 6 on the PC. I may step down a few notches for the less agressive products. I always apply EX and Natty Wax by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - you do three layers of EX with no wait time between ?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with ScottP. QD+ doesn`t seem to make Natty`s Wax any less dust resistant.

Regarding using QD sprays between layers, I don`t normally do that unless the car has been sitting overnight. I apply 2 coats of EX with 12-24 hours between coats. If I choose to use a carnauba topper, I try to wait about a week after my second coat of EX to apply. I learned to wait that long after experiencing hazing problems with Klasse SG and carnauba toppers. I doubt that EX or EX-P would result in that same hazing problem, but I`d rather play it safe. As always, your mileage may vary.

As for pads, I`d use the following pad/product combos -
    -SSR2 with polishing or cutting pad depending upon desired aggressiveness (spread at speed 2, work at speed 5)
    -SSR1 with polishing pad (spread at speed 2, work at speed 4-5)
    -PP with polishing pad (spread at speed 2, work at speed 4)
    -EX with finishing pad (spread and work at speed 3), hand application for subsequent layers
    -Natty`s by hand

My favorite pads are the Lake Country curved edge pads, but there are lots of good pad manufacturers and pads to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    I typically stop at two layers. If I wait, it`s usually just long enough to grab a snack or frosty beverage.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Thread Information