Post Thanks / Like

XJ6...1997 body style....Detailed.

This was an absolute pleasure. However, the paint was marred with cobwebs & swirls (thousands of them), scratches of varying depths.

Here was my Game Plan...
    Meg`s #83 DACP
    Klasse AIO - just because I like it! LOL!
    Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze - this is a very nice product!
    S100

Originally I wanted to break open a sealent, however thought the Glaze and Carbuna would assist in expanding the paint a bit more than a Polymer. I`m not sure if this logic is correct, however, I knew the Glaze and Carbuna combo would help out these issues.

I was able to remove a substantial about of cobwebs which made a temendous improvement to the final outcome.

I used the S100 Wheel Gel, AIO, a bunch of 100% cotton swabs, and a can of "Spinach" for that Popeye effect....Lots O` muscle to get these babies to shine....
    Rims Before...
    Rims after...

PS~I love my PC (thanks Dwayne for hooking me up!)...
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 06-06-2004 at 10:31 AM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet ride

Great job on the detail!!!!
    That is one sharp lookin car!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME !!! I love the look of that Jaguar. Any interior pics ??? I love the elegance of the Jaguar interior.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Agent Phonar and Clean Dean ~ Thanks for the kind words. I was hustling on this job as the customer had a prior committment, and it needed to get done. Unfortuneately I was unable to capture any interior shots as my camera case was not closed and when I picked it out....Disaster struck....At least these few pics remained. I may be able to capture a few next week - with another camera, as I will see the customer again.
    The interior was in excellent condition , however the dash and leather seats needed a good replenishing. I used 303 Aerospace protectant quite liberally all over the selected areas and it was just absorbed immediately. It also brought back just enough "color" without being glossy....
    Since the leather in this model was not cleat coated, I needed to use something other than the Lexol conditioner being a water based product. You can ue the Lexol cleaner, then apply the Connolly conditioner.
    I used the Connolly Hide Care conditioner. The instructions state to use minimally and work in well. I used it liberally. I had to! You could see it just soaking into the leather. I used just less than half a jar, let it sit for 6 hours as I detailed the exterior. As I went in to buff out any excess....there was nothing there. It was all absorbed. The leather felt soft. Absolutely no greasy , oily, after effect. In fact, the seats were "squeaky" to the touch. It has a VERY mild cleaning effect. In fact, Connolly actually is the manufacturer of the leather used for the Jag`s.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking car. I really like this body style of Jag.

Just curious as to why did you AIO then #80?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

R.M. Automotive Detailing f1guy68's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Job Crobar!

That Jag looks super amazing and you really did a bang up job on it! I`ve been looking at the pictures on and off all day, and I realize the efforts you have put forth! It really looks incredible!

Great choice of products and a great plan of attack! It worked!

I can look at those pictures, as I do with other pictures posted here, and tell you that I honestly feel the satisfaction in a car that turns out so beautiful!

Keep up the excellent work Crobar!
    R.M. Automotive Detailing

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric - She is a beauty. I chose AIO after the #83 only because I really wanted it in the mix and once I glazed I would be shut out from using it. The client wanted a more reflective look. I wanted the paint iwth the AIO look realizing #80 also has abreassives, I figured if anyof it remained and was not taken off that would do. The glaze most definately predominates the car however, reflectivity is a constant as well. S100 helped to accent that point I`m sure.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    F1 and 91LSMAN - I appreciate your support. It was nice to have a car large enough to contort my body to get all the nooks and crannies clean!
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    CrobarCars,
    What pad and speed did you use on the PC with the DACP? I am always looking for insight when I see a great job! Actually, were all products applied with the PC also?
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    TraderB - Meg`s Yellow Polishing Pad at speed 5. Thanks for the nice compliment. #83 x 2 passes per panel, #80 were applied by PC...AIO and S100 by hand (they are simply to easy on/off products).
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, PC`s rock - Rotary`s rip Top job. Luv jags. Done well my man!

Thread Information