Post Thanks / Like

Smile My Beautiful Miata

I have a 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen Version. I`ve been reading this forum for about 3 weeks and learned a lot from all you guys. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I put together a list and made a big order from premium auto care and finally got a free weekend to try it all out.

The Process (all by hand):

Wash
    4* Clay Combo
    Rinse
    SSR2
    Pro Polish
    4* UPP x2 Coats
    Natty`s Wax
    Meguiar`s High Endurance on the Tires, UPP on the wheels
    Stoner`s on the glass
    PB Natural Look on the Interior
    303 Fabric Guard on the Roof
    Microfiber towels & Meguiar`s foam applicators

I`ll attach some pictures of the results. I think it`s outstanding. I`ve never seen or felt car paint like this. I didn`t know it was possible to get these kind of results. The smoothness and gloss are amazing. The money on products and the time spent learning the process was well spent.

Now I have a question about maintenance. I live in an apartment in TX where my car is parked outside uncovered all the time. I`m not allowed to wash the car by hand at home (apt. rules) which means my only option is the pressure sprayer do-it-yourself places. How do I keep my paint protected and make this finish last as long as possible? I have some spray and wipe and PB quick detailer, but with Texas rain, bugs, and dirty air (=dust) I think that may not work unless I did it every day. Any thoughts? How often to reapply the wax? Once a month? What about the sealant? Anyone have any experience keeping up a car finish outside like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Beautiful Miata-img_2403.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Beautiful Miata-img_2397.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Beautiful Miata-img_2398.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Would QEW be out of the question? It`s a hoseless wash.

If you must wash at the coin-op bring your own wash, mitts and buckets as well as some WW for drying.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Damned good job man! Car look awesome! If you stay on top of it daily, you can use Poorboy`s Spray N Wipe. It`s a pretty nice product.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    looks liquid! NICE!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Great color on that car I`ve not seen one like that. I`d keep S&W handy for the waterless washes and QD for a quick waxed look. I go to the coin-op places all the time, like others say, use your own mitt and bucket and bucket.
    For the paint I`d find a cool place and use PB P-w-C and follow with EX, follow up with a good paste wax like Nattys. For the top use Ragg Topp they have a cleaner and protecten.
    I have had many cars that where outside only and they require quite a lot of work. Good Luck!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice. I have been seeing more and more Miatas around my neck of the woods and they are growing on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful car. My wife saw a 2003 Miata at an intersection yesterday and loved it. It was the same color as yours. Mazda has stayed with the basic design since its introduction in 1990. It is timeless. I almost bought some Meguiars High Endurance yesterday, but was concerned about sling. What has your experience been with it? Do you have a good friend with a driveway where you can wash it? Have you considered a cover?
    Experte credite: Illigitimati non carborundum

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost bought some Meguiars High Endurance yesterday, but was concerned about sling. What has your experience been with it? Do you have a good friend with a driveway where you can wash it? Have you considered a cover?
    I haven`t had any problems with the High Endurance. I put it on pretty thin using a foam tire dressing applicator from Target because I wasn`t looking for super high gloss anyway, just a nice satin black. Then I let it dry for a while and went over it very lightly with an old towel to get off any excess.

As for driveways, I`m a graduate student and everyone I know is a college student, so we all live in apartments = no driveways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding work on your Miata, it looks stunning!

Welcome abord dc.com too Shinsenv!

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Thread Information