ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

White dog, Black Interior

??????, any tricks i should know about or should i just go at it with a lint roller?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I remember reading was to wrap duct tape around your hand with the adhesive side out. Supposedly you can reach into lots of areas the lint roller won`t go.
    Meguiar`s sells a "Pet Pad" and a "Pet Mitt" as part of a pet care kit. The pad is to protect the seats from claws, fur, and stains. The mitt is to wipe fur and other residue from seats and upholstery. I don`t know anything about it, but it might be worth looking into.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey HBblazer. I did a search here and on another site and came up with a couple of replys that might be of use to you.

Mike

"Ultimate Dog Hair Removal Tip!

I did a search to see if this tip had come up before and I see one or two people were close.

I have a northern sled dog, Husky mix, that sheds twice a year and the amount of hair he sheds is unbelievable. He also and insists on going everywhere with me in the car. Anyway I picked up this tip from TV.

While wearing a regular latex dishwashing glove dip it in a bucket of water and wipe your hand over the seat or carpet. The glove picks up all the hair in one or two passes. The trick is then to dip your hand back in the bucket of water and the hair floats off the glove.

I’ve tried vacuuming, duct tape, lint rollers, brushes etc. Believe me this is the only way to do it."

"yeah a dog grooming brush works perfect, the metal type. I use a lint remover for the interiors also, one of those roller types. Everyone is always in awe with the before and after pics of paints, but I think we all know it takes just as much hard work to get an interior that is that trashed back into shape. Another thing that has helped me with interiors is a bissell green machine, I put a little oxyclean in the bissell solution. If I can`t get the stains out of the carpets I use the "mr. tuffy" carpet adapter for the PC, I use this with the 4Star carpet and stain cleaner, haven`t found any mats or carpets this couldn`t bring back to new."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    One thing I remember reading was to wrap duct tape around your hand with the adhesive side out. Supposedly you can reach into lots of areas the lint roller won`t go.
    Meguiar`s sells a "Pet Pad" and a "Pet Mitt" as part of a pet care kit. The pad is to protect the seats from claws, fur, and stains. The mitt is to wipe fur and other residue from seats and upholstery. I don`t know anything about it, but it might be worth looking into.

Charles
    I have both, they save me a lot of work.

The glove trick sounds nice, I will have to try that.

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never heard of the "glove" but if you think about it makes sense seems like the latex when wet would act like a magnet creacting static electricity and picks all that hair up ..... ill have to try that!!!
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had success with customers dog haired cars by using the duct tape method and also using a brush attachment on my vac. With the brush attachment I find if you go over the area vigorously it will loosen the root of the hair which is what causes it to get stuck in the carpet or seats
    Scott
    Owner
    Gentle Touch Mobile Auto Detailing
    New Orleans

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice, i ended up buying some lint rollers and a latex glove, i found the lint roller did pretty close to nothing, i didnt even try the glove, i ended up just using my shop vac , a stiff brush, and
    and a really sore arm the next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy leather or kill the dog. That innocent little animal in my avatar sheds so much his hair is all over my cloth VW seats and he`s never even been in the car! Leather is the way to go.

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    OR, ...... , have you ever seen dog skin seats?, I wonder if they attract other dog hair?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you charge extra for interior if there is and extreme amount of dog hair. Also, is there a truly easy way to remove it??? HELP!

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    well , i would definitly consider charging extra for the extra amount of time that it takes. It took me about 30 min. just to do the back seat. like i said before , the duct tape might be a way to go , but if you have as much hair as the truck i did, you would go through about three roles. just try a shop vac and a lot of back and forth scrubbing.

Thread Information