Post Thanks / Like

PWC and EX, what else???!!

OK guys, I have a 2002 Acura RSX type S in the color of Arctic Blue Pearl. I have used various waxes in the past before visiting this site and discovering the Poor Boy`s Products. Last weekend I used the Poorboys Polish with Carnuba, and then I used the EX sealant. (i followed the directions, and I left the EX on for a good hour or more) Anyways it looks GREAT!!! But....... it does not feel as slick as it has in the past when using other "regular waxes." I do not have a lot of cash, and also I dont know if i want to order on line anymore because people have told me not to use a card online as people can drain your account. SO my question is, should i apply more coats of EX??? Will this give me the results i desire (smooth as glass)? I was thinking maybe i could use some Mother`s wax or meguires or something i could buy at autozone OVER the EX sealant. What do you guys think?

Also the EX really looks great, it seemed to darken and deepen the blue of my car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not the cleaner wax by mothers but maybe just the pure carnuba???

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put another coat of Ex on it. Put a wax on after that. Go with Meg`s or Mother`s just don`t get the cleaner wax. I`d order a jar of Natty`s Wax. I`ve been ordering on line now for 6/7 months. So far the only draining I`ve found is by me. I haven`t noticed any unauthorized spending. Hope this helps.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you just need to clay. To me EX is pretty slick.

If you want to try something else, I think UPP is the slickest of any sealant upon initial application.

I think as long as you buy from reputable vendors, buying online is fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Order from poorboy via mail if you are really worried about ordering online. I`ve been ordering on line for years with no bad experiences.

I`d recommend that you top EX with a few more coats of EX!! I love the look and it just doesn`t need a wax over it. Sealant protects.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my first question would be how slick was it after the PwC...if it wasn`t slick then, then the prepping is in need of redoing...adding more EX will not make up for unfinished prep work. If your answer is it wasn`t really slick after PwC then go back and do it again...also try buffing off with cotton vs mf before adding the EX again....
    As Jim said you can always call if you don`t feel comfortable paying on line but most site are very secure now and I`ve heard no reports of someone getting their card info stolen:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    re: online - I have been online for since 98, banking, ordering what have you. I have only one issue where I used my debit card (visa check card) and that number was stolen. My Bank called me to ask why I was buying things from Amazon.com and shipping them to Las Vegas. They caught this after two transactions and Amazon refunded my money. Never use a debit card online. You normally get fraud protection with a visa/mc/amex. Some have zero liability others have a small 50 dollar eat it fee.

Never buy online where you have to enter your credit card number and you don`t see the little lock in the corner of your browser (usually down in the lower right). Never opt to keep your credit card information on file with a vendor..the less places it resides the better.

Identity theft is a whole different matter. That is when someone gets your private info (social security, DOB that kind of stuff) and opens up credit cards in your name without you knowing it. This happened to a friend of mine and it was a nightmare for him. More often than not those people get your information the old fashioned way. We through out a lot of stuff that has A LOT of that information on it. I bought a shredder just for this reason. Anything, credit card offers, financial stuff..anything I am not sure of I shred.

and I agree with the others - three layers of EX is awesome!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a debit card online but probably only about 2 or three times total, and they have been spread out by 6 months or so. Should i cancel my account

Post Thanks / Like
    if you check the the web address of whatever site you are attempting to buy from the address should be https://www. yadayadayada not http://www.

the s means it is encrypted and secure you have just as big a chance of fraud by someone going through your garbage

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t want to order online, you can often call and give credit card info. Many wax distributors take that info over the phone.

I would find a good carnauba wax to top off your EX with.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    An alternative is to get a credit card with a small credit limit. I use a credit card with a $500 limit that I only use online.

Post Thanks / Like
    no no - you don`t have to cancel your debit card - just don`t use it on line anymore

there is no protection if they get that number
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information