Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards

Post Thanks / Like

Credit Cards

Hey was just wondering if any of you accept credit cards. And if yes, Have you recieved more business because of it?
    Perfect Auto Detailing
    www.perfectdetailing.com
    Bergen County, NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, i dont accept credit cards....but can confidentely assume that any busines which offers the MAXIMUM payment flexibility will inevitably increase their business.

One thing you should note is that the credit card companies charge a premium off of the total amount of the sale (i beleive its anywhere from 1-3%). So if your gets a $100 detail, and charges it via credit card, $2-3 dollars will have to go to the credit card company.

Hope this helps, goodluck.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    In order to accept credit cards you will need to set up a merchant account. Usually, your local bank can give you more information about this. You will in most cases have to sign a two year contract with a monthly cost of about $50. Total two year contract cost for a merchant account would be about $1,200.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about offering people the ability to pay through Paypal. Its easy for both parties and offers the ability for people to pay with credit card or money transfer. Any thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, paypal does work. You would be surprised how many customers already have paypal accounts. My only restriction is that payment must be made upfront, before service. Paypal fees are MUCH less than other merchant accounts and there is no monthly fee.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    i accept most credit cards, and just recently added american express, it is definitely helpful since just about everyone has check cards now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I accept credit cards (Master Card & Visa), and it has increased my business. IMO it enhances your credibility. No monthly statement fees, No contract, No monthly minimum, No cancellation fees. You can check it out at http://www.chargeamerica.com/?11309
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not accept cards. Check or cash only. This certainly keeps things simple, and I`m all about simple in this small business. I really do not think that I lose business as a result, nor do I think that I would gain additional volume with credit cards.

As you know, cash is a good thing.

Altho, the chargeamerica concept eliminates most of my original reasons for not doing it... so, now I`m slowly rethinking the process.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Foris2 That sounds like a terrific plan ( looking at the web site ) Do you use this service currently? And how do rate it. It sounds like a fantastic deal since many of my customers have at one time or another have asked if I accept credit cards... PLZ let me know
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    for any serious or even semi serious business credi card acceptance is a MUST, in the summer/busy months i like to do at least 5-6 full dtails a week and i`m open 6 days a week, about 50% of my income is credit/check cards if not more.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Good

Well I think I`m going to give charge America a try. Foris I will use your web page so you get credit for the sale. The fee`s are really low and if it is convenient for my client to pay for my service with a credit card, it is worth the 3.95% charge america takes. I was thinking about myself and everytime I go to purchase something I am always using my check card or another credit card to get airline miles, I don`t think I have payed for anything with cash in 6 months.

I appreciate everyone`s feedback.
    Perfect Auto Detailing
    www.perfectdetailing.com
    Bergen County, NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at the Chargeamerica web page. It looks very interesting. The only problem that I have is that the way the sales reps make their money. It sounds alot like a pyramid scam.

http://www.chargeamerica.com/salesrepplan/?

Foris is a sales rep and has a lot to gain by getting people to sign up, therefore I will have to do a little more research on this company before I make a decision. It does sound like a great service. I just hope that it isnt too good to be true!

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I accept credit cards through PayPal. I know for a fact that I have made more money because of it. I am as much of a salesman as I am a detailer. I have sold some pretty tough customers before. I got a $320 job once because I told him that I would take a credit card. He never would have done it otherwise.

Paypal may not be the easiest way to accept service on the job, but I have found ways around that. I carry my laptop with me and can access the internet with a PCMCIA card that connects me. People can connect to their Paypal account right on site if they want to. I also do a lot of business with people around my office. I just tell them when to paypal me and they do it. The fee for accepting Paypal is not that bad. It probably less than a lot of other options in the long run.

It is basically free to be able to offer paypal payments. The best part about it is that I can keep my detailing funds in my Paypal account and use my attached debit card to spend it. It doesn`t get mixed up with my other finances this way. When I get paid in cash or by check then I deposit it at my bank and then transfer it over to paypal. Its a great way of keeping everything seperate. Now that Dwayne at www.premiumautocare.com accepts paypal payments its even greater. I`m expecting a box tomorrow that I ordered using paypal.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GraniteState
    Foris2 That sounds like a terrific plan ( looking at the web site ) Do you use this service currently? And how do rate it. It sounds like a fantastic deal since many of my customers have at one time or another have asked if I accept credit cards... PLZ let me know
    GraniteState - I apologize for not responding any quicker, but I never received an email for this thread. Yes, I do use the service. As a matter of fact I excepted two transaction on this past Saturday - one for a full detail and the other for just a car wash and vac. I really can`t rate the service in comparison to a bank merchant account. What got my attention was the low start up and no contracts etc. I have been throughly satisfied personally. I was prompted to look into excepting credit cards because a lot of my customers had inquired or asked did I except credit cards.

Foris
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i cant really relate to you guys, but heres what i can add to this conversation. my dad is a snap-on tools dealer, and he accepts credit cards. he has a machine where he has to swipe the credit cards in, then i guess he gets the credit somehow. he was telling me that the best way to get paid is by credit for some reason... i can ask him whatever question you want, if you want me to.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information