Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Applying by hand questions

I am considering getting a PC. From reading here it sounds like its not as hard to do as I first thought or as easy to mess up the finish even more.

Just one question when applying by hand should you follow the same steps as doing with a pc? I have just been rubbing the product back and forth in one direction apply little to no pressure.

Should you go back and forth, up and down and then diaganol over a small area before moving on or just back and forth and move on? Also should you work the product by hand till its almost dry or just apply it and let dry?

I have been just rubbing it on back and forth and letting it dry on its own.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MetalSludge:
    Since your post hasn`t gotten many replies:-p, I thought I would throw out a few comments.
    1. The PC is a great tool for removing swirls and cleaning up a finish that is not in the best of shape to start with.
    2. It is not a necessity of life.
    3. It makes applying product easier. Faster is a matter of opinion. When you take in to account the time it takes you to get out the PC, pads, and extension cord, then clean the pads after use, I`m not too sure you save much time whan doing only one vehicle.
    4. With the PC, I do go back and forth, up and down and diagonally over the surface. I do not use any pressure other than the weight of the PC.
    5. Meg`s #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, I work until almost dry. S100`s Shine Enhancing Cleanser, Klasse AIO, I work it a little shorter time, just making sure I have covered all of an area before either removing the AIO or the SEC. Platinum UPP, I just be sure to cover the entire vehicle with a very thin coat. Can`t stress that thin coat enough. More is NOT better.
    6. I use a polishing pad for Meg`s #9, SEC, and for AIO. A finishing pad works for applying UPP.
    7. For AIO, I mist the pad lightly with water.
    8. SEC, I use a dry pad.
    9. For UPP, I mist the pad lightly with Platinum Glosss Enhancer.
    10. Removal is with a good MF towel.
    11. Basically the same procedure applies when applying by hand. The one exception is #9, I would not even try to remove swirls without the PC.
    Hopefully some of the experts will jump in here and either cover what I missed or correct where I`m wrong.
    :jump :jump :jump

Charles

Thread Information